Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH query

Options
  • 20-03-2017 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I live at the end of a private lane. FTTH will be passing the entrance to the lane according to http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ (installation has already started closer to the exchange but hasn't gotten up to me yet).
    I'm wondering if I'll have any issues in availing of the service when it is installed on my road? There are 4 houses on the lane. My house is the last one and is about 200 meters from the road.

I notice the blue line goes partially down some of the other lanes in the area.

I can PM my Eircode etc. if required.

Thanks,

d31b0y

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi d31b0y,

Thanks for getting in touch.

In regards to the map I wouldn't worry too much about the blue line as this is for illustration purposes of the FTTH rollout plans. 

I would be more than happy to have a look into this further on our deployment plan if you would like to let me know your area or PM me your eircode, name and account number.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Thanks Anna, I have sent some details on to you. I don't have a current account with Eir. Nor do I have a landline number but I do have an active landline. 
    I have explained in more detail in the PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

d31b0y wrote: »
    Thanks Anna, I have sent some details on to you. I don't have a current account with Eir. Nor do I have a landline number but I do have an active landline. 
    I have explained in more detail in the PM.
    Hi d31b0y,

No worries I will make sure Anna gets back to you via PM today.

Thank you,
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Pbbuster

Hi d31b0y,

No worries I will make sure Anna gets back to you via PM today.

Thank you,
    Leanne.

Did you ever get sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

The response I got was "I have checked our deployment plan and unfortunately, your home is not yet on it."

But my house is coming back positive for the fibre rollout eircode checker; http://fibrerollout.ie/eircode-lookup/
    So, I assume it's just a matter of time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement