Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIPP personal pensions while employed

• 20-03-2017 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey there.

Been doing a bit of research and I'm trying to find some information (hopefully someone here has some knowledge) about personal pensions.

I am currently employed and looking to start a pension, I've looked around and called a few brokers and checked the government sites and find the fees they charge (3.5-5% per contribution and 1% of the fund annually) is a rip off.

Is there a way to start a pension that I could personally manage and also get the benefit of company contributing to it?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Merowig

Check if your employer would contribute to a PRSA

Davy has a Self Directed PRSA with 0.75 AMC, 0 contribution Charge + x trading charges ( depending what you buy - e.g. ~0.10% for buying certain UKI listed ETFs).
    http://www.davyselect.ie/pensions/personal-retirement-savings-account-prsa.html

LA Brokers has PRSAs with 1% AMC (also zero contribution charge).
    https://www.labrokers.ie/pensions/
    There are cheaper options available - but only if the fund value/ contribution is over a certain level. If you start a private pension the options mentioned above are afaik the best ones.

Stay away form anything with contribution charges - in my opinion this is legalised theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pablojml

Hello Merowig,

Thanks for you response. I will have a look at these and verify with my employer.

Indeed I share the same thoughts -> Stay away form anything with contribution charges - in my opinion this is legalized theft.

Advertisement