Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How about starting a recipe sticky?

Options
  • 20-03-2017 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

I know there is a dedicated DIY thread, and there are resources like e-liquidcalculator.com , but how about a sticky with members recipes? some of the recipes on these huge sites aren't very well reviewed, and sometimes you get the feeling that some of them are put up without ever being tried-out or even made!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I doubt they'll do it, they wouldn't even sticky the DIY thread itself, we could just recommend mixes in there like we used to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

I doubt they'll do it, they wouldn't even sticky the DIY thread itself, we could just recommend mixes in there like we used to

pity...the DIY thread is 85 pages and counting, at least with a recipe thread as long as everybody was naming the ingredients you could search that particular the for a certain ingredient, i.e. "Vanilla Custard".... I would give more creedance to the lads on this forum that the thousands on e-juicerecipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

We should start a google doc type thing that a few of us have access to. I tried adding stuff to the main post in the DIY thread but the forums won't let me. No idea what that's about.

I haven't got that many mixes but the ones I'd share I really really love

chipfox wrote: »
    We should start a google doc type thing that a few of us have access to. I tried adding stuff to the main post in the DIY thread but the forums won't let me. No idea what that's about.

I haven't got that many mixes but the ones I'd share I really really love

sounds like a plan, but I know nothing about google doc's??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The problem for me, and I hate sounding like a pompous ass for it, is that I very rarely ever mix anyone else's recipes. It's not that they might not be good, it's just that part of the fun of mixing for me personally is the creating. Doesn't matter how simple or complex the mix is, I'll enjoy it more if I came up with it myself. I never do one shots either. But I get that others just want quick and simple yet good tasting and cheap. All good. I would add some recipes to such a thread or list, but would probably rarely ever make use of it otherwise

• Advertisement

The problem for me, and I hate sounding like a pompous ass for it, is that I very rarely ever mix anyone else's recipes. It's not that they might not be good, it's just that part of the fun of mixing for me personally is the creating. Doesn't matter how simple or complex the mix is, I'll enjoy it more if I came up with it myself. I never do one shots either. But I get that others just want quick and simple yet good tasting and cheap. All good. I would add some recipes to such a thread or list, but would probably rarely ever make use of it otherwise

I understand where your coming from....for me, as somebody who has just started mixing, I would find it useful. Maybe putting a list up of the ingredients you have, somebody could steer you in the right direction to a good mix they have already tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

kingaaa wrote:
    I know there is a dedicated DIY thread, and there are resources like e-liquidcalculator.com , but how about a sticky with members recipes? some of the recipes on these huge sites aren't very well reviewed, and sometimes you get the feeling that some of them are put up without ever being tried-out or even made!!

There is a recipe thread somewhere in there, it was started a long time ago with some very tasty mixes in it. I'll have a look tomorrow unless someone comes across it in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

DIY Recipes is still there, can't copy a link to it at the moment.

Advertisement