Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memorabilia you got a gigs?

• 20-03-2017 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭

What have all the gig goers caught at gigs?

I got a drumstick of Nick Menza of Megadeth in the Point in 91..

A setlist /pleck/drumstick from members of Staind from their gig in the Ambassador in 96 (?)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Elton John's jacket!

413125.jpg

OK not the whole jacket. Was at Leeds Queens Hall and had smuggled the camera in, so was busy snapping away when he took his yellow jacket off and threw it into the crowd

413126.jpg

It landed in the crowd alongside me. Everyone was grabbing pieces but I was more concerned to protect the camera. Fortunately the guy standing next to me handed a piece of the lining over. Probably about 7cm x 2cm. I took it home and put it away somewhere safe. 32 years later I'm sure it's still safe, but after 6 house moves I am not entirely sure where....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

WoW !! Sir Elton sure looks a bit....... Ahm, Surprised? ... in those pics!!
    Great story..... :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

greenspurs wrote: »
    WoW !! Sir Elton sure looks a bit....... Ahm, Surprised? ... in those pics!!
    Think he was posing for me:pac:

The only thing I've caught thus far is a flower that was one of a handful thrown by Cat Power to the crowd after her gig in the Olympia Theatre a couple of years ago. I'm not sure what kind of flower it was, I'm not much of a flora expert.

Anyway I brought it home, dried it and pressed it in a book. It's still there because I'm afraid it will just fall to shreds if I go anywhere near it! :pac: Should probably laminate it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

One of my mates got James Hetfields pleck from their gig in the Point in 92/93 ? But, it 'dissapeared' on the way home on the bus !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement