Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir/Eircom mail not coming through on Apple Mac Mail

Options
  • 20-03-2017 5:48pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This has happened before, but usually passed after a day or two, but it's becoming silly at this stage. Some emails come through(though none since yesterday), but most don't. Sending to my eircom account from another personal email doesn't get through(though was getting through yesterday). 

The incoming server settings on the Eir help page do not work with Apple Mail. It times out or tells me wrong password/account. It has to go through port 110, with insecure password option on and no SSL. This is POP by the by, IMAP doesn't work at all. 

Any ideas? 

EDIT and PS: If I try to log on to webmail through a browser it shows old emails, nothing recent. And the design brings me back to circa 1999.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Wibbs,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear of your on going issues.

I would recommend you get in touch with our web support team on 01 7010354 or send an email to wmsupport@eir.ie, they should be able to assist with this.

Thanks,
    Anna.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Thanks for the reply. That email notification got through oddly enough. Sounds like I'll have to ring them tomorrow as sending an email on a twitchy account is probably not the best bet. 

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi Wibbs,

No problem. Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Wibbs, going by your description of the webmail interface, it looks like your account is on the old legacy email system and hasn't been migrated yet. This old system only supported POP, no IMAP, and probably doesn't support any secure connections either.

eir need to migrate your account to the new system, and things should improve massively.

As an aside, I really don't understand why they're still hanging on to this ancient system. All users should have been migrated to the new one the moment the new one came online which as far as I can recall was 5 years ago at least.

Advertisement