Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apple store down tomorrow

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It won't be anything major. Refreshed 12-inch MacBook, spec bumped iPad Pro, red iPhone, and probably more watch bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

May be in the market for the smaller original iPad Pro if there's a price drop.
    Have been tempted already by the refurbs.

Still using and iPad Air, which is still running fine but the Mrs is using an iPad 3 and besides being the same weight as a bag of coal, it's really starting to show its age now.

If I do upgrade I'll pass the Air onto the Mrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

its down now
    'we've got something special in store for you '
    http://www.apple.com/ie/shop/goto/ipad_pro/select

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

adox wrote: »

Still using and iPad Air.

Still using a Version 3 !!

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Still using a Version 3 !!

Still occasionally using a first gen iPad.

• Advertisement

my ipad mini 2 , the home button is not working anymore , had it fixed then broke again so I'M READY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

It seems a little bit unusual for Apple to take the store down like that and put it down to scheduled maintenance.

But there are a lot of small hardware refreshes due and even the software beta's should be ready for release about now, and it usually happens on a Tuesday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Why do they have to take the store down? surely they're just adding stock to their databases?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

New iPad €30 CHEAPER than yesterday for the 32GB (€419 v €449) and €40 CHEAPER for the 128GB (€519 v €559).

iPad Mini 2 discontinued and only a 128GB version left of the Mini 4 with a €40 reduction.

• Advertisement

that red iphone 7 looks horrible

red-iphone.jpg?quality=82&strip=all&w=1000&strip=all&w=1500&h=0

So this is basically an iPad Air 3?

So this is basically an iPad Air 3?

looks like it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

OU812 wrote: »
    Why do they have to take the store down? surely they're just adding stock to their databases?

they are just adding stock. but if they didn't take it down this thread wouldn't exist. it's pure hype. think about the amount of sales apple does and how much they lose by taking the store down. the only reason is hype.

Red iPhone looks beautiful until you realise there's white bezels on it.

new products available from Friday

peteeeed wrote: »
    looks like it

Mmm very tempted.

Not available to order at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Red iPhone looks beautiful until you realise there's white bezels on it.

Yeah, the red looks great but not sure about the white at all. Dunno if black would have looked any better though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm pretty sure Apple can't perform major updates to their store without taking it down. There may be a hype element in why they don't fix this, but the technical limitations were there first. Years ago, before people people started camping out for iPhones a week advance, the store went down all the time without any new products being added and nobody paid much notice. Also, see their refurb store which still goes blank every night while they are updating it as well.

another change

iPhone SE now has storage options of 32GB and 128GB

Does anyone know how much of a bump in specs the new iPad got over the Air 2?

Cant compare on the site.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how much of a bump in specs the new iPad got over the Air 2?

Cant compare on the site.

here

http://www.stuff.tv/features/apple-ipad-97-2017-vs-apple-ipad-air-2-whats-difference

peteeeed wrote: »

Thanks. Yeah did some googling after I posted. So its more or less the iPad Air body(so thicker than the 2) non laminated display(unlike the 2), brighter screen and newer chip.

I think I will hold fire until some reviews start coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Am I right in thinking the RED edition iPhone had a 100 dollar price hike? Probably 120 Euro for us.

The iPad is cheaper but it's actually thicker too, which with iPads is actually an area where I won't mind Apple focusing on thinness.

Most of the stuff were rumoured. I've a feeling the new software updates will roll out Friday.

One thing I'm curious about is the rumoured 10.5" iPad, wonder where Apple will fit it into their release cycle. WWDC is usually software only lately, and I doubt they'd release it so close before or after that event. Maybe they're holding it back till septembers usual event.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking the RED edition iPhone had a 100 dollar price hike? Probably 120 Euro for us.

I think the base models are 128GB hence the perceived higher price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How come there has been no event for these ?

It's a new product launch? Isn't it?

murpho999 wrote: »

Well its only really a new iPad and thats sort of a bastardised one at that.
    I asked was it an iPad 3 earlier and its not really, but as close as we will get.
    Its got some spec bumps over the Air 2 but also has some compromises made as well so in some ways inferior to the Air 2.

The more I'm reading on it the more I'm going to wait for some real world feedback. Seems like quite a lot of compromises made to get the price down.

I may end up going for a 9.7 iPad Pro refurb.

Available for €589 for the 32GB model.

Is there much difference in the laminated displays? I've never used one.

murpho999 wrote: »

A Spring event with new Macs, iPad Pros is still expected next month. Today was just getting the unimportant stuff out of the way.

site is down again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Not convinced about the iPad, although if price is your primary factor it's great. The non-laminated screen from the Air 1 wasn't great to type on. My mother needed a new iPad so I just got her a refurb Air 2.

Advertisement