Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baby swim classes/sessions

Options
  • 20-03-2017 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

Hey!

I'm just wondering if anyone here brings their baby swimming in the Midlands area?

I would love to bring baby (7months) swimming. Iv only come across one baby/parent swimming class, but it's only on in blocks and the next one won't be starting for a few weeks.

Another local pool has a baby/toddler pool, but only seem to do toddler classes. I'm not the most confident swimmer so would prefer to bring her to a class setting rather than going on my own.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I took my son to Happy Swimmers in Athlone, absolutely loved it, Caroline is a great teacher, would go constantly except the times don't always match up with my days off. Usually local pools or hotel pools will run their own baby swim classes, but in my experience they are never as good as the specific baby classes that are held in terms with a proper teacher. Locally here the only option for babies is basically a class where you sing songs to the baby while in the water, whereas with Happy Swimmers you start teaching them how to behave in water, how to keep themselves safe and all the things they can do from a few months old.

As a stop gap you could go to a local pool that has a toddler pool that's basically just a paddling pool, that way you can just sit in that with them and let them explore playing with the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Thank you so much spottybananas! That class is ideal for us! I didn't notice it coming up in any searches last night.

The class i had planned on bringing her to is a swim and sing class. But a proper class is even better.

Thanks a million!

Advertisement