Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm servicing Dublin

Options
  • 20-03-2017 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hi would somebody be able to pm recommend me a company to service alarms in south Dublin. We've an Astec alarm that a retired alarm installer relative fitted. It's never been serviced in the 6 years it's in but had a new battery recently. Now one of the little magnetic window sensors is tripping the alarm we wiped it for dust as it's in a room rarely used but are now afraid to set it going out or to bed in case it goes off again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Duvetdays wrote: »
    Hi would somebody be able to pm recommend me a company to service alarms in south Dublin. We've an Astec alarm that a retired alarm installer relative fitted. It's never been serviced in the 6 years it's in but had a new battery recently. Now one of the little magnetic window sensors is tripping the alarm we wiped it for dust as it's in a room rarely used but are now afraid to set it going out or to bed in case it goes off again.

Here is a link to the PSA website for a list of installers in your area.

Batteries and sensors can be replaced on that system.
    If you are told differently try another company.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+1 to Altors advice . There are plenty of lads going around saying you need to replace these systems. Unless there's a problem with the panel or keypad your generally OK.
    We sort these problems every day for people who have been told they are unrepairable.

Keypads and control panels can be repaired also.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    Keypads and control panels can be repaired also.

I know.

Most dont

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Thank so a mill to both of you. I'll give a call to one on that list.

Is it possible that dust could cause this. It went off after being set for half an hour, it's in a room never really used and window never opened. we knocked it off and reset it and it triggered again the minute it set. We opened window and cleaned sensor then reset again and it didn't go off again straight away but we left it unset just in case it triggered again.

Is it possible that dust could cause this. It went off after being set for half an hour, it's in a room never really used and window never opened. we knocked it off and reset it and it triggered again the minute it set. We opened window and cleaned sensor then reset again and it didn't go off again straight away but we left it unset just in case it triggered again.

More than likely the device is faulty if that is happening.
    A service of the alarm will fix that tho.

A replacement sensor/contact should do it . I would advise you ask whets needed & a quote before anything is done. And again, don't listed to the new system merchants.

Advertisement