Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation and Aircraft - Warning

Options
  • 20-03-2017 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭

I have received the following warning from Irish Steve for a post in the following thread : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057719664
    Dear JCX BXC,

You have been warned for posting Backseat Moderation.

Boards.ie has a team of volunteers who look after our forums and they are the ones who will give instruction or take action on a thread should it be deemed necessary.

If you see a problem with a post, report it and a mod will investigate.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

Irish Steve

Moderator Note

So report it rather than back seat moderating

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JCX BXC View Post
    This was posted in the incident thread a while back.

In my opinion the tone of this warning, as well as the timing, says alot and is certainly more than convenient. I replied with the following.
    What? I politely stated that that was posted in the incident thread a few weeks back, I did not mean it in any other way.

And I know well that I'm only getting a warning as retaliation for the thread the other night.

Very poor behaviour.

Irish Steve did reply, which I will credit him with.
    That's your opinion, and it's wrong. If you're not happy, take it up with the category moderator

And to which I replied :
    I think we have both understand that that will get me nowhere.

You've never issued me such a petty moderation before, and then responded with such a bad tone so it's quite clear. I never called for you to leave, but I wouldn't mind some cop on. You're a moderator.

The warning is just petty and clearly as a result of tensions from the recent thread with the inauguration of the temporary moderator Steve. I'd like this warning to be revoked as my post has no issue, and had I been a different user would not have been issued with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hi JCX BXC, I'll look into this for you today.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Irish Steve has agreed to give you the benefit of the doubt and to revoke the warning.

If that's ok with you I'll get the ball rolling and get this thread closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Thanks,

You may close this if you wish, but it highlights serious issues. This card was only given as a retaliation, that's clear, especially given the timing.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Card reversed, marking this as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement