Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information overload for a new set-up!

Options
  • 20-03-2017 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking to get a new set-up and based on previous experience and online reviews hoping to get some recommendations (and reasons if possible).

Current set-up is;
    kangertech nebox - RBA - Ti coils in TC (& mix my own liquid)

Am relatively happy with the nebox - like the TC, rebuildable atty, and no problems with leaking, 10ml capacity - but feel like could be getting a better vaping experience.

Am still on the cigarettes as well and hoping a new set-up might help make a final transition.

Have gone through a view tanks & mods previously - including;
    • Steamcrave rdta - hassles with leaking
    • vaporesso gemini rta - disaster with leaking
    • globlin mini - builds hit & miss
    • aspire atlantis
    • eleaf istick 50W

Basically looking for the following;
    • Single 18650 mod with TC
    • Rebuildable/ RDTA / RTA
    • Something relatively small to carry in my pocket to work, etc.
    • And DEFINITELY something without leaking issues

Was looking at the IJOY Limitless RDTA and other than that way too many options - and gone a bit cynical on online reviews/youtube reviews - based on previous purchases.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Which pocket will you be carrying your new set-up in,a breast pocket or trouser pocket...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

mpearce wrote: »
    Hi All,

Looking to get a new set-up and based on previous experience and online reviews hoping to get some recommendations (and reasons if possible).

Current set-up is;
    kangertech nebox - RBA - Ti coils in TC (& mix my own liquid)

Am relatively happy with the nebox - like the TC, rebuildable atty, and no problems with leaking, 10ml capacity - but feel like could be getting a better vaping experience.

Am still on the cigarettes as well and hoping a new set-up might help make a final transition.

Have gone through a view tanks & mods previously - including;
    • Steamcrave rdta - hassles with leaking
    • vaporesso gemini rta - disaster with leaking
    • globlin mini - builds hit & miss
    • aspire atlantis
    • eleaf istick 50W

Basically looking for the following;
    • Single 18650 mod with TC
    • Rebuildable/ RDTA / RTA
    • Something relatively small to carry in my pocket to work, etc.
    • And DEFINITELY something without leaking issues

Was looking at the IJOY Limitless RDTA and other than that way too many options - and gone a bit cynical on online reviews/youtube reviews - based on previous purchases.

Thanks in advance.

OBS engine rta is a great leak free tank due to the top air flow.
    Although it's a 25mm tank it's not very tall so quite pocket friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Tickityboo wrote: »
    OBS engine rta is a great leak free tank due to the top air flow.
    Although it's a 25mm tank it's not very tall so quite pocket friendly.

I would second any OBS engine tank.....I have 3 - the Engine, Engine Nano, and Engine Mini. The Engine Nano is a dream to wick (being single-coil), holds over 5ml of liquid and none of the Engines leak...also nice and short for big tanks so they are pocket friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The SmokAL85 looks good, basically a mini Alien with single 18650. And most RTA these days are very good, I've not tried the engine yet but I'm looking at it as a next possible. Atm, I find the Cleito 120 hard to beat, and you can use both stock coils, and get the RTA deck on side. This would work out pricier than the Engine, but you'd have best of both worlds. I would ignore the '120' of the bigger Cleito too, as I find even the stock 0.16 coils best in around 60-70w.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mpearce

Many thanks for the replies.

Bit the bullet and went with the recommendations - sometimes there's just too many reviews.

Ordered both the;
    SmokAL85
    &
    OBS Engine

Would be interested to know what type of coils ye are building on the Engine - for TC ? Ti ? what sort of resistance ? Diameter/wraps ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Bit the bullet and went with the recommendations - sometimes there's just too many reviews.

Ordered both the;
    SmokAL85
    &
    OBS Engine

Would be interested to know what type of coils ye are building on the Engine - for TC ? Ti ? what sort of resistance ? Diameter/wraps ?

I've had Claptons, 24 Kantal + SS, at the moment I have 2 x 7 wraps of 22 Kanthal (3.0 round) coming in at 0.21 ohms...everything works great with it - I only vape in wattage

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

Ordered both the;
    SmokAL85
    &
    OBS Engine

That will be a cracking little set up you have there.
    I don't bother with temperature control myself I have the exact same build as kingaaa mentioned above and it works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

mpearce wrote:

Best wire to use for either TC or wattage is Stainless Steel as it can be used safely in both modes.

Best wire to use for either TC or wattage is Stainless Steel as it can be used safely in both modes.

Previous/current device only supported Ti/Ni modes for TC.

Hoping to try SS with the new set-up.

On this - do you know of any bricks and mortor shop in Dublin city centre that stocks SS wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

mpearce wrote:
    On this - do you know of any bricks and mortor shop in Dublin city centre that stocks SS wire.

Ecirette or Kix on Talbot St or Vintage Vape in Temple Bar I'd say would stock it.

• Advertisement

Got Ti from Ecirette Talbot St before - don't list it on their website.

If I'm passing will try them - thks

Hi,

Just wanted to give an update and a thanks on the advice above.

Set-up I got was
    SMOK AL85
    OBS Engine

Pros;
    - Definitely a handy size for carrying in a pocket
    - Almost never any leaking problems (see below)
    - Vape production is good and v happy with the flavour
    - coils seem to last for a long time (longer than I am used to - SS coils I build myself - in Wattage mode)
    - building deck on the Engine is easy to build on
    - battery life is decent
    - easy to replace batteries
    - stealth mode is handy and a nice feature

Cons;
    - TC mode isn't good - either no vape before "temp protect" or else have to go close to the max temp (~280C and not pleasant)
    - only leaking seems to be if the tank is filled too much - but with the design it's difficult to see the level of the liquid and don't think I've managed to fill it anywhere close to the ~5ml capacity
    - menu is a bit clunky - scrolling through the options you have to wait 5s until it goes into the correct menu item

Overall - am definitely happy with it and would recommend it as a set-up, especially for carrying it around all day.

And thanks again for the recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

- menu is a bit clunky - scrolling through the options you have to wait 5s until it goes into the correct menu item

Hold the fire button for a sec or 2 should go into whatever your on.

lankz92 wrote: »
    Hold the fire button for a sec or 2 should go into whatever your on.

Nice one - just tried it and works perfectly.

Wasn't a big gripe but definitely a helpful tip to avoid the waiting.

Thanks

Advertisement