Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Hedges

Options
  • 20-03-2017 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

I appreciate hedges have been discussed in the past but after reviewing some previous posts on the subject could not find anything specific to help with my situation. I want to provide cover to an existing block wall joining 2 stone pillars either side of driveway. The current height of wall approx. 4 foot and wall length is about 15 feet on either side. Ideally I'd be hoping to cover on inside with something that does not get too thick and is relatively easy to maintain and if possible is evergreen - if it provides some flowering all the better!

All suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,073 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Cotoneater? Pyracantha?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Candlewick

Presume that's cotoneaster? There are a number of varieties of cotoneaster. Just wondering which one you would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Thanks for replies. I'm looking at cotoneaster lacteus as a possible candidate. Seems to tick a number of boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Candlewick

coxy123 wrote: »
    Thanks for replies. I'm looking at cotoneaster lacteus as a possible candidate. Seems to tick a number of boxes.
    Seems like a good choice. Best of luck with it.

Advertisement