Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp Objects [HBO] - *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Haven't watched 1.06 yet. Headline this morning called it 'tedious' and comments here...expectations adjusted accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

8 episodes series and 6 episodes in. Looks good. Great actors in it but can’t see them Saving this in the last two episodes but I hope i’m Wrong.
    So much time wasted in the first few episode with Amy’s drinking like we ****ing get it she has a drink problem .
    Wouldn’t be recommending this for anyone to watch as it stands.
    Very very stylish but currently lacking a hell of a lot of substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Very very stylish but currently lacking a hell of a lot of substance.
    I agree. The secondary story about the murders barely moved on this week (
    finding the bicycle
    )

I think the story here is Camilles' story not the murders. But it is drawn out and tedious. And I still want to slap the mother :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I'm half expecting a major twist related to the fact everyone is telling Richard that there's things he doesn't know about Camille.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'm half expecting a major twist related to the fact everyone is telling Richard that there's things he doesn't know about Camille.

Plot twist: Camille has been dead all along!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Plot twist: Camille has been dead all along!
    That would explain the hatred from the parents. Ghost daughter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I’ve watched all but the last two. Each time I start a new episiode I think, right this one will make up for the last.

So ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Six: That was awesome! Way to build on the personal story and all those cut scenes from all the previous episodes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'm hooked but it is a frustrating watch as it's very slow-moving.

I read Gone Girl and that had some unexpected plot twists that worked despite completely changing the story's direction so I can imagine that that's what we're in for.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So is the mother the killer of all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So is the mother the killer of all?
    It's certainly looking that way. Wasn't expecting that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

"Falling" was a brilliant episode, absolutely gutted we have to wait a week for the finale.

The acting in this show is sort of humbling really, I haven't experienced a show that quite sticks to me all week like this one does, maybe Westworld can compare but even it didn't quite reach the depths this has, or maybe it's just a different kind of impact.
    I find Amy Adam's portrayal of Camille a pure masterclass, and Patrica Clarkson the same. Funny enough tho my fav character is the Sherriff, lol.

Anyhow, I will be sad to see this one end as we already know there won't be a Season two. It's one and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there a whole sexual tension between the step sisters or am I reading that completely wrong.

Camille has sexual tension with everyone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

It's certainly looking that way. Wasn't expecting that at all.
    Don't think it looks that way at all.

What's been established is that Dora has a condition that causes her to make those shes loves sick so that they are reliant on her for care, so that she feels needed. She did it to Marian and it ended up killing her, she tried to do it to Camille, but she resisted, and now she's doing it to Amma, and Camille, now that she's figured it out (with the help of the detective) is planning to stop her.

The killer is a whole other person imo. We haven't seen anything from Dora to prove that she could kill girls in such a brutal way, because it goes against why she would do it, and the fact that when she does it, she isn't doing it intentionally.

Yeah think there's a second killer alright. Someone who wants story to be all about them perhaps. John Keane's girlfriend always wants to be in the spotlight, enough to kill perhaps and then wait for opportunity to pin it on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Yeah think there's a second killer alright. Someone who wants story to be all about them perhaps. John Keane's girlfriend always wants to be in the spotlight, enough to kill perhaps and then wait for opportunity to pin it on him?

That's what I was thinking too, might explain the blood. Although John denied killing his sister, he never denied killing the other girl (I could be mistaken) so I dunno.

siblers wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking too, might explain the blood. Although John denied killing his sister, he never denied killing the other girl (I could be mistaken) so I dunno.

Apparently the little boy who claimed to see the 'Women in white', bumped into Ashley on Calhoun Day before running away, could of have been insignificant but maybe very subtle foreshadowing.. missed it myself.

I thought John Keane was confessing before I realized what was actually happening. But you're right, he never outright denied killing other girl either, so could still be in the mix to that end.

Anyway all very engrossing and can't wait for finale, might rewatch first seven before last one airs.

Anyway all very engrossing and can't wait for finale, might rewatch first seven before last one airs.

A damn fine idea, think I shall join you :)

Amazingfun wrote: »
    A damn fine idea, think I shall join you :)

Please bring the buttered popcorn.

Wow! That episode! And such a tense ending!

Looked at the wiki and saw that
    this is it. Just the one season. So it feels like this is gonna be a complete and finished story arc. I guess they could try a True Detective style follow on season.

Damn that flash of Marian in the door. I almost jumped!

For the murders.. what I'm seeing them tell us:
    - The police chief: 2 things. 1: The possible red herring of him and his tools at the stop sign. This giving the possibility of his helping. 2: Either way he's under Adora.
    - The stepfather: The bite on the hand. Indicating he helped.
    - Adora: with the idea of this munchausen by proxy syndrome and John saying one of the girls bit her.

To my mind, the outstanding question is whether this ends with either:
    - someone done for the murders who it looks like they did it (Adora to me)
    - someone done for the murders who it looks like they did NOT do it (John to me)
    - Camille is going through something I don't understand

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Apparently, we're to watch the finale's credits all the way through...

K.

Apparently, we're to watch the finale's credits all the way through...

K.

Now I don't know that I want to :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well first thing I am thinking now is they added a cliffhanger late when they saw the ratings so they can do a second season.

Hopefully not. Thought they ruled that out anyway, given how Adams found living in Camille's head.

Context re earlier.

https://twitter.com/sepinwall/status/1032424336962015237

• Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I really hope this isn't dragged out to another series. There isn't enough content for the 8 episodes as it stands.

Don't agree with your sentiment at all, but as far as I am aware there is only one season. Sadly.

In other news.....hope we get a cracker of a finale! I just caught this vid , realized I missed a few bits that now seem obvious ;)

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Don't agree with your sentiment at all, but as far as I am aware there is only one season. Sadly.

In other news.....hope we get a cracker of a finale! I just caught this vid , realized I missed a few bits that now seem obvious ;)

Not sure I want to watch that until after

It's ok, no spoilers for those all caught up to the latest ep. But it will be fine to watch after as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Messi19

That watch all of the credits thing is spot on. Just make sure that you do!

• Advertisement

Didn't like the ending, very disappointing for a number of reasons, but enjoyed the journey here regardless.
    Been some trip.

Advertisement