Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp Objects [HBO] - *Spoilers*

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kind of guessed those end credits from the start of the episode.

An overall very enjoyable story let down by a weak enough ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

This show thinks it's really smart but it's really very dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Thank god for the fast forward button as it was made for this show.I started watching it as it seemed interesting at the start. Would have given up if this was a series but as it was an 8 parter I kept going.

Ending seemed very obvious from day one to me.Not surprising at all.

The show struck me as trying hard to be twin peaks but was very boring

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Overall decent show. Finale wasn't bad. Saw the Adora bit because they were pushing it. By the end of the episode, I had guessed the ending because of that tweet about watching the credits earlier in this thread.

Definitely watch the credits. Rewatched the mid credits in 1/4 regular playback speed. The sound and visuals work in a different way but still have a similar impact.

The part that had me most tense and uncomfortable was when she was lying in the bed looking at the fan when the feather was falling in front of it. The memories of the finger in front of the fan and the cutting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Slydice wrote: »
    Amazingfun wrote: »
    Don't agree with your sentiment at all, but as far as I am aware there is only one season. Sadly.

In other news.....hope we get a cracker of a finale! I just caught this vid , realized I missed a few bits that now seem obvious ;)

Not sure I want to watch that until after
    Amazingfun wrote: »
    It's ok, no spoilers for those all caught up to the latest ep. But it will be fine to watch after as well :)

It had some insight. I think the show was trying to throw people off and it got her too.

I guess I should have seen at least the idea that I could see absolutely nothing pointing at Amma. I mean like.. even something pointed at the maid for me!

After rewatching the youtube video and seeing her point out some of Ammas scenes.. more to highlight Camille.. it started becoming an: Oh.. Oh I see what they did there. They definitely included indications about Amma from early on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Glad you gleaned a bit of "deep thoughts" (lol) from it, makes things more interesting anyways.
    For me, it was the words! I didn't catch the changing scenes at all---was quite humbling to see how much I'd missed, even if it really made no difference in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Thought it was great. The slowest of slow burns but the payoff of episodes 7 & 8 were worth it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Although the twist at the end and the last two episodes were exciting I thought the preceding 6 were very boring. Its hard to guess the real killer when every character introduced is a head case. A great performance by Amy Adams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lizsalander

I've just came back into episode 4

It's much better than i remember it being from 1 thru 3

The portrayal of the family divided by trauma and walking dead is powerful and poignant for those that can relate to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

den87 wrote: »
    Thought it was great. The slowest of slow burns but the payoff of episodes 7 & 8 were worth it for me.

I don't agree, the final episode was a crock. Far too much window dressing in the first 6 episodes left the makers of this show with a struggle to fit as much as possible into the final episode.
    It was all too rushed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

I don't agree, the final episode was a crock. Far too much window dressing in the first 6 episodes left the makers of this show with a struggle to fit as much as possible into the final episode.
    It was all too rushed.

What’s funny is, for a show that spent so long building it up the finale probably should’ve been an extra 15-20 minutes longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The whole story could have been told better in an old fashioned 3 hour mini series.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The whole story could have been told better in an old fashioned 3 hour mini series.

Yeh. Way too much meandering going on, with one or two - largely - pointless episodes going on, plus awkward sexual scenes too. A slow burn is one thing if you stay on the road to where you're going. But when you're dragged off into lay-bys, it can get a bit annoying.

Decent enough over all, but could have been a little shorter and more direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

have to say I really enjoyed it.
    ok the ending was a bit poor but overall a decent series that kept me watching.
    Very strong performances by all of the cast , Amy adams is class, I think I could watch her in anything.

Am I the only one that found her more attractive in this role than most of her others?

glad they are not continuing it though in saying all that, definitely a one season show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Just finished it now. I thought the first 4 or 5 episodes meandered a bit much and I really only stuck with it because I'd invested that much time already.....

I must say that the ending caught me a bit by surprise even though you knew something was about to be revealed. It was a real BANG.

The girl who played Amma was a great actress though I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Apparently, we're to watch the finale's credits all the way through...
    Big thanks for that. Would never has seen it without that post.

Certainly a mixed bag of reactions for this show; most certainly not for those don't like slow burners. For me, the first few episodes were almost dreamlike, and despite the brilliant acting, felt it was going to be too artsy-fartsy. It turns out, there is some seriously good film-making going on here. I'm going to watch it again in the near future; there's just so much going on - some deliberately subliminally as well- that I know I will appreciate it even better second time around.

Advertisement