Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipping the pizza guy.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

enzo roco wrote: »
    The anger in you is high.
    What anger? Because someone disagrees with you, they are therefore angry?
    Relax. It's their own money, let them do with it as they please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyTClarke

I always tip, it's a force of habit really. I also tip waiting staff. Tipping takeaway drivers does bring advantages. My food is always quick to arrive, piping hot and often with a few free goodies thrown in. One could argue that it should arrive quickly and piping hot anyway. Yes, in an ideal world. But if you look after the drivers, they'll look after you. Whose food is going to get priority when they have several orders to deliver, the man who tips, I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I always tip, it's a force of habit really. I also tip waiting staff. Tipping takeaway drivers does bring advantages. My food is always quick to arrive, piping hot and often with a few free goodies thrown in. One could argue that it should arrive quickly and piping hot anyway. Yes, in an ideal world. But if you look after the drivers, they'll look after you. Whose food is going to get priority when they have several orders to deliver, the man who tips, I would imagine.
    I never tip and my food still gets delivered quickly and is piping hot and if it didn't I would not order from them again.

I pay a delivery charge online when making an order so I don't see why I need to pay extra. The food is expensive also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭Allah snackbar

I deal with customers a lot face to face and I work at a job that's a little over minimum wage but with which I'm sometimes in charge of quite a lot of cash to pay clients , I usually find that the guy in the wellies or overalls is the first to give a tip of a ten or twenty euro after paying him , but the business man in the suit and tie very rarely gives anything back , I could give a welder or a carpenter 500 euro in cash and 90 percent will get a tip ,on the other hand the business man that gets paid multiples of thousands handed to him will very rarely give anything back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

What anger? Because someone disagrees with you, they are therefore angry?
    Relax. It's their own money, let them do with it as they please.

Ha, what are you on about, the poster didn't disagree with me, as I didn't comment at all. You're talking rubbish.

• Advertisement

Ha, what are you on about, the poster didn't disagree with me, as I didn't comment at all. You're talking rubbish.

The poster said they don't tip. And you seemed to get upset at that by stating they were angry (for no reason) and questioning their tipping habit (with multiple question marks):
    The anger in you is high.
    Do you tip for a taxi???
    Do you tip in a restaurant???
    It's a very bizarre statement by you if you don't disagree with them.
    So relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,049 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Tom44 wrote: »
    Do you tip for takeway delivery?

My nephew got a job doing pizza delivery, and I was suprised when I remarked that he must make good tips, and he replied that on average it's only one in eight that tip.

Never crossed my mind not to give a €uro or two to the delivery person.
    (Depending on size of order)

Just wondering what ye think.

Tom

If you order you must tip. They get f*** all and need to keep their vehicles running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyTClarke

I never tip and my food still gets delivered quickly and is piping hot and if it didn't I would not order from them again.

I pay a delivery charge online when making an order so I don't see why I need to pay extra. The food is expensive also.

You raised a point which I'm quite unsure about, does the delivery charge go to the driver or the restaurant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

The poster said they don't tip. And you seemed to get upset at that by stating they were angry (for no reason) and questioning their tipping habit (with multiple question marks):

It's a very bizarre statement by you if you don't disagree with them.
    So relax.

Haha, what are you going mad for?

The poster said "There not getting any more money for doing their job."...
    And I questioned him/her.

Who cares if I put multiple questions marks???????
    How about, you relax?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

We tip in restaurants (not a huge amount, usually up to a fiver). Deliveries too, it's not a well paid job and it's only a euro or two depending on the value of the meal.

Used to tip taxi drivers too, more out of a feeling of obligation rather than I thought a particularly good job had been done.. That's why I like taxis with card or app billing.

I've experience of the American tipping system and its horrible. You could be the hardest working waiter and still be paid less than minimum wage if you're not licking arse constantly. Thank God for minimum wage rules here in the EU because tipping should never be part of core pay or an obligation. Getting a derogatory look because you're looking for change isn't really fair if you're watching the budget!

• Advertisement

Haha, what are you going mad for?
    So again, someone disagrees with you and they are mad.
    Ok. Keep going with that childish logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Yes I always give a tip and I would think I never gave less than 3 or 4 euro change.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

The delivery charge is for the company which uses is to pay the delivery drivers, it's built into most wages.

Maybe 40 a night for 7 hours work, I think they deserve a couple of euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Henry94

Tipping is my good deed. I know it's not money for drugs or drink, I know it's not going to a highly paid CEO and I know it helps the people who get it. I can walk past junkies and tin rattlers with a clear conscience knowing I have a way of helping out that suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Candlewick

My answer to that is that I don't get food delivered. I go and collect it myself, always.

Advertisement