Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a bathroom fitter in Dublin area

Options
  • 20-03-2017 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I'm planning a smallish apartment bathroom remodelling project. At a minimum, I want to:

- put up a bath screen
    - re-tile around the bath
    - paint the room

The plughole in the bath has gone rusty, which turns any stagnant water brown. I may get a new bathtub or possibly just replace the plughole (if that's even possible).

I'm looking for someone who can provide the hardware and also fit it. I've been in touch with a local company, but they've been absolutely hopeless (never return phone calls), and am now seeking alternatives. I'm in Dublin 8, close to the city centre.

Thanks in avance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭wandererz

I recently used Bathroom & Tile Experience for two bathrooms in my apartment. They did a fabulous job and can definitely recommend them.

Although i believe they normally do entire bathroom fitouts and there is a slightly long waiting list.

http://www.bathroomandtileexperience.com/

Based out of Lucan.

I chose the products myself but the quality of their workmanship is unbeatable. I now have two hotel class bathrooms.

Their charge was competitive and there was no overrun in cost from the supplied quote.

Consider that the plasterboard may need to be replaced after the removal of the tiles. So they replace the plasterboard, reseal /tank everything and replaced the bath as well.

I replaced the bath as it was time to do so, and they are not too expensive these days. A very good one can be got for €400 and even less.

It provides an opportunity to tile the side of the bath asvwell while they are at it for a better overall look.

Advertisement