Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese / sushi restaurant

Options
  • 21-03-2017 1:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone recommend a Japanese / Sushi Restaurant in Galway ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Tamadotchi is a new sushi place upstairs and across the rd from brown Thomas I've been twice and really liked it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Tamadotchi is a new sushi place upstairs and across the rd from brown Thomas I've been twice and really liked it

Thanks. Is that the place that is upstairs ?

Thanks. Is that the place that is upstairs ?

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wa and Kappaya are both good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Not my kinda place but have only heard good things.

• Advertisement

I had to google it. It's Tomodachi and menu is here. Looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

biko wrote: »
    I had to google it. It's Tomodachi and menu is here. Looks nice.

Are you sure? That seems to be in California.

You're right, it's a place with same name "over there".
    Sushi on my face :o

Here's their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/tomodachigalway/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Tamadotchi - good, not exceptional, and also expensive. You'll be happy but poor.

Raw - haven't been for a long while but has a good selection and not quite as dear as Tamadotchi.

Kappa-ya - don't know what's going on with them. Was my #1 but my last 2 visits were not great. Like the sushi rice tasted like it was a day old and dry. Maybe just unlucky.

Wa - has upped their game but limited their menu so very little variety in rolls

For the very, very brave I noticed Golden Mountain, who delivers on JustEat, started carrying sushi. How a mediocre Chinese branched into sushi is possibly worth exploring if you're feeling adventurous. Maybe they got a new hire who knows his stuff. The photos from their Facebook page certainly look good.

https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-goldenmountaingalway/menu

• Advertisement

Tamadotchi - good, not exceptional, and also expensive. You'll be happy but poor.

Raw - haven't been for a long while but has a good selection and not quite as dear as Tamadotchi.

Kappa-ya - don't know what's going on with them. Was my #1 but my last 2 visits were not great. Like the sushi rice tasted like it was a day old and dry. Maybe just unlucky.

Wa - has upped their game but limited their menu so very little variety in rolls

For the very, very brave I noticed Golden Mountain, who delivers on JustEat, started carrying sushi. How a mediocre Chinese branched into sushi is possibly worth exploring if you're feeling adventurous. Maybe they got a new hire who knows his stuff. The photos from their Facebook page certainly look good.

https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-goldenmountaingalway/menu

Thanks.

Is there a Sushi place in the Radisson?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Thanks.

Is there a Sushi place in the Radisson?

Yes, that's Raw mentioned by beardybrewer.

http://www.radissonhotelgalway.com/galway-restaurant-dining/raw-sushi-in-the-sky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Eaten at Tomodachi a few times now. If you're in a hurry, the sushi train is brilliant. Very fresh and the food is timestamped and removed if there a while.

The 'japanese style' seating area is my second favourite place to sit. Not mad on the central area, it's a bit lacking in atmosphere but the food is great.

I found it cheaper than Raw for what you get, and found the sushi making far superior too.

Wa & Kappa Ya great in their own ways but would order stuff other than sushi in both as I don't think it's either of their high points, and it's limited enough even when they do offer it on their menus.

inisboffin wrote: »
    Eaten at Tomodachi a few times now. If you're in a hurry, the sushi train is brilliant. Very fresh and the food is timestamped and removed if there a while.

The 'japanese style' seating area is my second favourite place to sit. Not mad on the central area, it's a bit lacking in atmosphere but the food is great.

I found it cheaper than Raw for what you get, and found the sushi making far superior too.

Wa & Kappa Ya great in their own ways but would order stuff other than sushi in both as I don't think it's either of their high points, and it's limited enoughteven when they do offer it on their menus.

Thanks !

Does Tomodachi just have Sushi train and the "Japanese style" seating. I.e. Any standard seats and table service ?

Thanks !

Does Tomodachi just have Sushi train and the "Japanese style" seating. I.e. Any standard seats and table service ?

Has normal table service and a train

Thanks !

It has regular sushi bar seating with train, regular seating, and a "Japanese style" area with sunken tables so you're quite low down but not sitting on your legs either. It looks fantastic.

0Pl1LT4

All have table service. So you can sit at the conveyor belt and still order anything you like off the menu.

It has regular sushi bar seating with train, regular seating, and a "Japanese style" area with sunken tables so you're quite low down but not sitting on your legs either. It looks fantastic.

0Pl1LT4

All have table service. So you can sit at the conveyor belt and still order anything you like off the menu.

Thanks very much !!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Wow! Looks great. :) Do they do a Chicken Teriyaki there? I have to say Galway is blessed with diverse ethnic eateries for a small city. And long may it last!

here's their menu from fb: https://www.facebook.com/pg/tomodachigalway/menu

Don't see it there, but they do teriyaki beef or salmon so I don't see why you couldn't request it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

They do teriyaki chicken in bento boxes as a special. Really enjoyed it there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement