Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vented Prescription Sunglasses

Options
  • 21-03-2017 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭

Ahoy

What sort of options are out there for cycling glasses with air vents AND prescription lenses?

Can the lenses from an existing set be reused?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Did you get anywhere with this. Also considering new specs (Specsavers), as the ones I have cut off my peripheral vision more than I'd like. If you're looking for vents to stop fogging off, muc off anti-fog is worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

smacl wrote: »
    Did you get anywhere with this. Also considering new specs (Specsavers), as the ones I have cut off my peripheral vision more than I'd like. If you're looking for vents to stop fogging off, muc off anti-fog is worth a punt.

Not really
    There's a couple of places online that seem to do prescription cycling glasses to order.

Optilabs.co.uk or SportsRX

Paterscone got his current unvented cycling glasses as part of a 2 for 1 deal in Specsavers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭C3PO

Not really
    There's a couple of places online that seem to do prescription cycling glasses to order.

Optilabs.co.uk or SportsRX

Paterscone got his current unvented cycling glasses as part of a 2 for 1 deal in Specsavers

There was a recent thread about prescription cycling glasses - Optilabs were recommended by a number of people. I've bought two pairs from them and will go back again - excellent service!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

For the likes of Optilabs, are they actual prescription lenses, or a prescription insert? I find the inserts can sit a little too close to the eyes, and get uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭C3PO

For the likes of Optilabs, are they actual prescription lenses, or a prescription insert? I find the inserts can sit a little too close to the eyes, and get uncomfortable.

Both of mine are prescription lenses but I think they offer the insert option on some of their styles - https://www.optilabs.com/product-category/sport/cycling-sunglasses/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Ah yeah, I see it is clearly differentiated. Good to know. Thanks.

Advertisement