Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭azimuth17

invara wrote: »
    I use the term a bit. Historically one our regions problems was incoherence as to what 'the ask' was... and this was used to fudge delivery. Everyone knows the four/five things that the region now wants, and painfully, we can see almost zero progress on them. It think the term has value is keeping the list coherent, simple and at the front of everyones mind. It is a term that brings discipline to our regional economic development challange.

But I work in a business school and no on likes our language, perhaps we could brainstorm a new action-orientated term that surfaces the region's critical key performance indicators?

The "ask" was known in 1985 when: 1, the Bannon Report on a University for Waterford was produced. 2, A new Regional hospital was needed (built 1987-93 but 30% smaller than proposed) 3. An airport was partially developed 4. A decent road to Dublin. 5. A proper share of state investment in FDI industry and decentralised state jobs, 6. Decent retail and office space in city centre. 7. A second river crossing.
    Things have changed and been achieved but the big ones, university, fully developed hospital etc are still lagging because their delivery impacts Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Time to revive the Kitui partnership with them helping Waterford this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Rob Cass and Michael Walsh having a difference of opinion about how long it's taking to getting things going, only caught the end of the news item but assume it regards the prep work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Rob Cass and Michael Walsh having a difference of opinion about how long it's taking to getting things going, only caught the end of the news item but assume it regards the prep work.

Fecks sake, this Cass fella is a journalist's dream.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

The name's Lanley. Lyle Lanley. And I come before you good people tonight with an idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

hardybuck wrote: »
    Fecks sake, this Cass fella is a journalist's dream.

damn right, serious 'investors' there

https://gulfnews.com/business/markets/arabian-centres-to-raise-836m-in-saudis-biggest-ipo-since-2014-1.63608697

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

The name's Lanley. Lyle Lanley. And I come before you good people tonight with an idea.

What sort of a retarded post is this......?

Am I missing something....?

Lyle Lanley.......??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Simpsons reference - the monorail salesman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Simpsons reference - the monorail salesman.

Still a retarded post......you would need to be a anorak type Simpsons fan.......he appeared in only one episode

Asdfgh2020 wrote: »
    Still a retarded post......you would need to be a anorak type Simpsons fan.......he appeared in only one episode

You're back Rob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭imacman

Enough anoraks around anyway.

Asdfgh2020 wrote:

To be fair, we re probably all anorak Simpsons fans underneath it all, but it really has gone ta sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Imagine being a signature away from delivering a project that accounts for the single biggest instance of FDI (outside of Dublin) in the history of the state. In a city that has fallen way behind the others and that has been both overlooked all, and forgotten for decades.

Imagine that and then you come on here and you see the comments that some people are making.

Deiseen wrote:
    Imagine that and then you come on here and you see the comments that some people are making.

Ah shur, we all should have our say in this, it's always important to be wary of plutocratic interests!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭curmudgeonly

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Ah shur, we all should have our say in this, it's always important to be wary of plutocratic interests!

Back in the USSR,,, give me a break

Back in the USSR,,, give me a break

what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Not saying we shouldn't have a say, its absolutely vital that we do.

But throwing insults at one of the main guys involved from behind a wall of anonymity is not on.

I'll happily discuss the project but don't see that happening here in any great detail.

Deiseen wrote: »

But throwing insults at one of the main guys involved from behind a wall of anonymity is not on.

I'll happily discuss the project but don't see that happening here in any great detail.

completely agree, its very ignorant behavior, you d have to admire rob cass's vision and dream, we need these people in our society, and particularly in times like now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Deiseen wrote: »

I don't think anyone has been throwing insults?

However many of us have criticised his communication style and media presence.

• Advertisement

lol. 4 years and barely a sod harmed in anger but I'm the bad guy? I'm sure the money is just waiting to roll in lads. Still very much in the monorail realm at present I'm afraid.

lol. 4 years and barely a sod harmed in anger but I'm the bad guy? I'm sure the money is just waiting to roll in lads. Still very much in the monorail realm at present I'm afraid.

Seems to me, investors are well set to go

Seems to me, investors are well set to go

Any minute now I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭azimuth17

This is really unfair and displays ignorance of the actual size and complexity of the project. I don't know if the project will go ahead or not, maybe it required a special body like the Dublin Docklands Authority to deliver it, maybe council were not equipped to drive it, but huge work has been done and council has spent a lot of money, with slender staff and financial resources trying to bring the project forward. Massive demolition and clearance of site. Surveys and exploration of all kinds, over and under water. Test piling, planning, bridge permission, foreshore survey and license, transport hub design, road planning, property acquisition, CPO, planning application processing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭spaceCreated

You're like the lad who on entering the pub everyone else leaves but he cant quite put his finger on why.

You're like the lad who on entering the pub everyone else leaves but he cant quite put his finger on why.

Do I smell?

azimuth17 wrote: »
    This is really unfair and displays ignorance of the actual size and complexity of the project. I don't know if the project will go ahead or not, maybe it required a special body like the Dublin Docklands Authority to deliver it, maybe council were not equipped to drive it, but huge work has been done and council has spent a lot of money, with slender staff and financial resources trying to bring the project forward. Massive demolition and clearance of site. Surveys and exploration of all kinds, over and under water. Test piling, planning, bridge permission, foreshore survey and license, transport hub design, road planning, property acquisition, CPO, planning application processing etc.

I thought these lads were old hat at knocking these projects out Riyadh, Milan, Shelbeyville, North Haverbrook. Waterford should have been no bother.

4 years. Tick tock tick tock.

In that time Michael St plans have been reduced to a hotel and maybe a shop. A hotel. In that hotbed of tourism that is Waterford and overlooking the scenic Wyse Park too.

It's a rat trap Billy. Total bluffers.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭E38E3E38E3EE33

I thought these lads were old hat at knocking these projects out Riyadh, Milan, Shelbeyville, North Haverbrook. Waterford should have been no bother.

4 years. Tick tock tick tock.

In that time Michael St plans have been reduced to a hotel and maybe a shop. A hotel. In that hotbed of tourism that is Waterford and overlooking the scenic Wyse Park too.

It's a rat trap Billy. Total bluffers.

In case you're not a troll

That probably would have been a better use of the monies used to dig various holes and re-pave a few roads up to now.

Sure look they knocked the flour mills at least. If we save up for another ten years we might scrape together a few bob for a few sticks of dynamite for the ard ri.

• Advertisement

surely things are looking better now for this project, with the new stimulus package!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement