Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    surely things are looking better now for this project, with the new stimulus package!

I think things have always looked positive for this project. However, some people don’t want to see it. They would rather be miserable and down-trodden or just begrudging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

surely things are looking better now for this project, with the new stimulus package!

Is this the one announced around July or a new one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

BBM77 wrote: »
    I think things have always looked positive for this project. However, some people don’t want to see it. They would rather be miserable and down-trodden or just begrudging.

lol. It's got nothing to do with being miserable or downtrodden. The rest of the city seems to left rot to **** while we hang on every word uttered by a guy who on results produced up to now appears to be a bit of huckster. No doubt they will announce another deadline for project completion by Q3 2022. That will come and go too.

This wouldn't make such a difference if we weren't throwing every egg into the same basket. It's too late now anyway. Cork down the road has never say around waiting or depending on "one big deal". They've been shooting on ahead and have multiple projects in progress. By the time this thing gets built if ever, if there are companies left to attract it will be real scraps from the table stuff. Airport by 2050 might save us

lol. It's got nothing to do with being miserable or downtrodden. The rest of the city seems to left rot to **** while we hang on every word uttered by a guy who on results produced up to now appears to be a bit of huckster. No doubt they will announce another deadline for project completion by Q3 2022. That will come and go too.

This wouldn't make such a difference if we weren't throwing every egg into the same basket. It's too late now anyway. Cork down the road has never say around waiting or depending on "one big deal". They've been shooting on ahead and have multiple projects in progress. By the time this thing gets built if ever, if there are companies left to attract it will be real scraps from the table stuff. Airport by 2050 might save us

Have not even read this. Assuming it is BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Are you talking about his results on previous projects or this one? He's got planning in and is waiting on funding, what else do you think should have been achieved up to this point?

If you have proof of previous shenanigans then share them, otherwise I would keep your allegations and assumptions to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Deiseen wrote:
    Is this the one announced around July or a new one?

Sorry, early morning post, think I could have been dreaming about another package, 9bn?

Am I right in saying, a load of companies come with this package?

Deiseen wrote: »
    Are you talking about his results on previous projects or this one? He's got planning in and is waiting on funding, what else do you think should have been achieved up to this point?

If you have proof of previous shenanigans then share them, otherwise I would keep your allegations and assumptions to yourself.

No results to talk about on this one so far. I could put a planning application in myself. Doesn't mean I ever have to or intend to do anything else beyond that. Ditto with applying for funding.

The road to hell...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭azimuth17

No results to talk about on this one so far. I could put a planning application in myself. Doesn't mean I ever have to or intend to do anything else beyond that. Ditto with applying for funding.

The road to hell...

Your ignorance on this is abysmal, your patent desire to troll even worse. The planning application alone cost a fortune and was so large it was delivered by truck. Whether the project ever goes ahead, the developer incurred massive architectural and design costs, engineering design etc.

Your posts begin to smell alright, of a new incarnation of a previously banned/ suspended toxic poster.

I'll check back in another year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

I'll check back in another year or so.

Promise? And not before then yeah?

• Advertisement

kuang1 wrote: »
    Promise? And not before then yeah?

I'll leave ye to yer dreams lads. It's ok.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Cut the snide remarks folks and get back on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I'll leave ye to yer dreams lads. It's ok.

To be fair this thread started in 2017 and all we've seen since then is the

demolition of a couple of buildings that should have been removed decades ago.

I have zero belief or any confidence that this project will ever start in Waterford.

When you look at the plans for Cork, those I can realistically see happening

as they have the population, the jobs, airport and university.

We unfortunately do not fall into the same category!

I can understand people's negative views on this not happening, but I currently can't see why it won't, the investors are still ploughing on with it, and things are slowly gearing up with government spending, so.....

To be fair this thread started in 2017 and all we've seen since then is the

demolition of a couple of buildings
    that should have been removed decades ago.

I have zero belief or any confidence that this project will ever start in Waterford.

When you look at the plans for Cork, those I can realistically see happening

as they have the population, the jobs, airport and university.

That is not all we have seen.

That is not all we have seen.

That's fair enough! Maybe I'm just not seeing all that has been done since

the news broke on potential developments on the North Quays in 2017.

Would you kindly let me know what has been done visually!

That's fair enough! Maybe I'm just not seeing all that has been done since

the news broke on potential developments on the North Quays in 2017.

Would you kindly let me know what has been done visually!

So to sum up. If you don’t physically see something nothing is happening. Seriously, what do you expect me to say to that.

So to sum up. If you don’t physically see something nothing is happening. Seriously, what do you expect me to say to that.

theres definitely plenty of money already being made from something that doesnt exist, we live in a weird world

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

theres definitely plenty of money already being made from something that doesnt exist, we live in a weird world

That sentence perfectly sums up the Celtic Tiger and we all know what happened there.

bullpost wrote: »
    That sentence perfectly sums up the Celtic Tiger and we all know what happened there.

....and things havent really changed all that much since!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Probably sums up derivatives more than anything.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Probably sums up derivatives more than anything.

still really dont have a clue about them, but at least im aware of them now

You're snookered!!! :D

I'm not aware like I'm sure many people in Waterford are as to what is happening

behind the scenes with the North Quays developments but you seem to know

a little more than most as to what is actually happening so you might update

us all as to where they are in discussions or when the commencement of work will

begin on the site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Crane count is what matters. Cuts through all the BS.

In Waterford it is zero.

It was 1 up until the Dunmore Wing opened at the hospital. And that's the maximum it has been in 12 years.

I don't doubt that a lot of work happens behind the scenes, but if the end result is fruitless then the whole enterprise is rendered to waste - excepting, of course, for those who make a living from such infertile endeavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    It was 1 up until the Dunmore Wing opened at the hospital. And that's the maximum it has been in 12 years.

Apart from the 2 at the court.

In Waterford it is zero.

I don't doubt that a lot of work happens behind the scenes, but if the end result is fruitless then the whole enterprise is rendered to waste - excepting, of course, for those who make a living from such infertile endeavours.

Exactamundo. I work in a different but related field of engineering but the outlook is the same: fancy plans, models and drawings are well and good, nice to look at even. But nobody goes home happy, even the guy who already got paid for the plans and models until the thing gets done and the work actually happens. And there's been very very little getting done. Anything beforehand is just posturing/peacocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

In Waterford it is zero.

How is is zero? I have one doing a bit of building on a house at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭azimuth17

One at UHW at present on new mortuary site. There were three at West Pharma. Two out at Glanbia, Belview, I could see them from Ballygunner, yeah..tell me its county Kilkenny!! But I agree, crane count matters for the optics and the North Quays has been a long and difficult process. Not sure that council were really equipped to deliver it in either manpower or financial resource terms. Something like the Dublin Docklands Authority might have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TheGom

Only hope now is Mattress Mick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 cactus jacks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement