Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

dzilla wrote: »
    Ah it will definitely be nice to look at. Ferrybank SC is a lovely building too

its important to realise, our economy is in a slightly different place than when ferrybank was built, its definitely in a better place, but worse in other areas. this actually could be very successful in many ways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

dzilla wrote: »
    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ah come on, this potentially could be one of the biggest positive changes to our local economy, give it a chance at least, even from a seasoned cynic such as myself

Ah it will definitely be nice to look at. Ferrybank SC is a lovely building too

Can you not differentiate between the two developments?

Deiseen wrote: »

what do you mean?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Deiseen wrote: »

what do you mean?

Sorry! Meant to quote dzilla and him comparing the NQ dev to Ferrybank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Great news....do we need to wait for written confirmation from BP, after what happened last time.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Max Powers wrote:
    Great news....do we need to wait for written confirmation from BP, after what happened last time.

I think Michael Walsh said full permission will be granted in September. Is there a start date yet for Michael street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

I think Michael Walsh said full permission will be granted in September. Is there a start date yet for Michael street?

Can he be trusted......what was the guys name from a while back who jumped on to this thread who had all the info etc. It would be interesting to hear from him again..!

Quarter one 2019
    Think I heard about application for 2040 govt funds open soon so, detailed drawings in process I think too.council and others have done good job so far, Michael Walsh will have a street named after him in future if things continue in same vain.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Can he be trusted......what was the guys name from a while back who jumped on to this thread who had all the info etc. It would be interesting to hear from him again..!

Robcass, he is constantly posting updates on his twitter feed.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Robcass, he is constantly posting updates on his twitter feed.

I'm not 100% but I think rob cass works for the architect firm who highlighted Waterford and north quays area to al hokair, he and they seem like genuine, decent, realistic , hard working and if this comes off, should be lauded.the company has global offices and here in Waterford. When Rob came on here, he had some great insight, obviously, was welcomed by most but the usual negative,idiotic, doom mongers, conspiratorial crap was thrown out by a minority, the usual few.if I was him why would I listen to such nonsense if I was working on a once in a lifetime project that could transform Waterford, help deliver a long wanted pedestrian bridge, employment, relocate train station, office space, retail we're crying out for, etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

The Sunni Southeast !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

At least those two clowns withdrew their objections and the project can finally start to gain some traction.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Max Powers wrote: »
    I'm not 100% but I think rob cass works for the architect firm who highlighted Waterford and north quays area to al hokair, he and they seem like genuine, decent, realistic , hard working and if this comes off, should be lauded.the company has global offices and here in Waterford. When Rob came on here, he had some great insight, obviously, was welcomed by most but the usual negative,idiotic, doom mongers, conspiratorial crap was thrown out by a minority, the usual few.if I was him why would I listen to such nonsense if I was working on a once in a lifetime project that could transform Waterford, help deliver a long wanted pedestrian bridge, employment, relocate train station, office space, retail we're crying out for, etc

You are correct, Rob does work for the firm representing al hokair. I was just answering the previous poster who asked who the persons was that was previously posting all the inside track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Well this is exciting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

At least those two clowns withdrew their objections and the project can finally start to gain some traction.

To be fair I can understand why the fella who owned the Top Garage was objecting. He wasn't doing it because he wanted it to fail, he was doing it because the council were forcing him off his property, and he does good business there.

They must have agreed a good deal with him and/or let him keep the petrol station there.

The other objector though, the one who objected because of cruise ships should be fined for wasting time, he doesn't even live in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

To be fair I can understand why the fella who owned the Top Garage was objecting. He wasn't doing it because he wanted it to fail, he was doing it because the council were forcing him off his property, and he does good business there.

They must have agreed a good deal with him and/or let him keep the petrol station there.

The other objector though, the one who objected because of cruise ships should be fined for wasting time, he doesn't even live in the city.

Its hard to see the petrol station staying afloat forever though, if the plans for the investment end up being as big as they are outlined. If there are that many shops and buildings etc on that side of the bridge, that garage is going to just vanish!

<Snip>

Mod Edit: I can’t leave this here, unless you can back this up,I’m deleting this

Apologies, i thought it was a sufficiently outlandish story that nobody could take it serious, but I suppose as a moderated site you have to be cautious. As I said it was a purely fabricated tale

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Whether or not he lived in the city is immaterial.
    If he did not have a valid objection it would not have been entertained at all.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

My understanding is that he owns a bit more land there than just the petrol station which is actually leased out to someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm not going to link it but did anyone see the Churnel article and more specifically the comments? Christ on a bike (so to speak).

• Advertisement

I'm not going to link it but did anyone see the Churnel article and more specifically the comments? Christ on a bike (so to speak).

You mean the one's talking about if we are going to have a mosque now because of this or debating irelands immigration policy?

People are so idiotic that it actually makes my eyeballs hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

There's already a mosque in Waterford. If someone is clutching their pearls over the possibility of one, the world clearly hasn't ended with the existence of the current one.

JohnC. wrote: »
    There's already a mosque in Waterford. If someone is clutching their pearls over the possibility of one, the world clearly hasn't ended with the existence of the current one.

There is this view held by some (idiotic) that the Muslim religion is going to take hold here in Ireland and we will slowly be brain washed into converting to it....!

Disagree there..he was selling up already so the business wasn't making sufficient money for him.anyway...glad he saw sense in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

So, does anyone know what's next for both sites?

I thought I read somewhere that everything is ready for Michael St and that construction was supposed to begin in April. Anyone know if this was true, and what the current situation is?

As regards the North Quays, my understanding is that the design work is ongoing and it will be a while yet before we see cranes.

I wonder is Rob Cass still about on this thread - hopefully he can tell us that all is proceeding full steam ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

There is this view held by some (idiotic) that the Muslim religion is going to take hold here in Ireland and we will slowly be brain washed into converting to it....!

That seems to be not an unreasonable prediction, considering how the vast majority have been brain washed by other religions.

That seems to be not an unreasonable prediction, considering how the vast majority have been brain washed by other religions.

Oh don't worry, we ve created new overlords, and we ve bypassed the religious status and have gone straight for cult status, life's all good really

I think the general irish population has had enough of religion in every shape or form. That is not going to change anytime soon.

The UK has a massive muslim population, i dont see the general public there converting to Islam.

People can't seem to seperate private investment and the religion/nationality of the investors. Nowhere in the plans did it once mention a mosque. Ridiculous to even be brought up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

fricatus wrote: »
    So, does anyone know what's next for both sites?

I thought I read somewhere that everything is ready for Michael St and that construction was supposed to begin in April. Anyone know if this was true, and what the current situation is?

As regards the North Quays, my understanding is that the design work is ongoing and it will be a while yet before we see cranes.

I wonder is Rob Cass still about on this thread - hopefully he can tell us that all is proceeding full steam ahead!

According to this post he said April next year for the north quays

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106117015&postcount=633

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

good to see its moving along nicely...
    nice to see a shopping and hotel complex over that side of the river.... god knows it needs one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement