Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What's getting knocked?

2JR6Y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭914

New street car park, the old c&c building, de la salle building, news and star and anything in between that whole area. Temple bar was part of the original plan not sure if it still is.

Houses on alexander street and shops on michael street are staying put

I always assumed they would build around the carpark, possibly in an imaginative way that would be hard to visualise!

I always assumed they would build around the carpark, possibly in an imaginative way that would be hard to visualise!

Nope car park is being moved up to were the old WIT building is on cross lane/new street

Well good, something needed to be done that site years back. That whole sub block needs flattening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I advocated the compulsory purchase of properties and the demolition of same within the Waterford City centre many months ago and to my horror and disgust I read on Waterford Today that indeed WCC did indeed compulsory purchase a number of properties on Doyle Street Upper only for same to be left vacant and to become infested with rats!

What are WCC playing at? We have a multi-million development proposed on one side of the river and rat infestation on the other! Have they their heads placed in a position where the sun doesn't shine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Baby4 wrote:

Yes of course if would be good news for the region no matter where it is .
    Rob also said yesterday that 2 "local" tds and a semi state body tried to block the north quays from happening . No surprise there really . Things have gone very quiet on the north quays development since the bord pleanalla hearing a few months back and not a peep from city council or Rob about anything related to it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Rob also said yesterday that 2 "local" tds and a semi state body tried to block the north quays from happening .

Did he say who the 2 local tds were?

• Advertisement

Did he say who the 2 local tds were?

He said he will talk about them when the next election comes and publish e mails . Made a comment about their ego being more important than the community

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Baby4 wrote: »
    Yes, I saw that. Shocking to be honest.

Didn't see that tweet, shocking, where is it.

Max Powers wrote:
    Didn't see that tweet, shocking, where is it.

Scroll through his tweets and replies for yesterday. I'm not shocked at all , it's typical Irish politics

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cactus jacks

2 TD's against the North Quays truely shocking is right! Reading those tweets I hope they run for elections as he looks to name them then.

Drain the ****ing swamp.

Scroll through his tweets and replies for yesterday. I'm not shocked at all , it's typical Irish politics

Oh, didn't realise you had to tap the first tweet to see follow ups....I'm a big tweeter as you can see.be interesting to see who the two slow learners are, I can take a fair guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Deasy must be one. John Paul Phelan the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

JP phelan and Brendan Howlin perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Deise boii

If that's true and no reason to believe it isn't it is truly shocking especially with JP Phelan living in ferrybank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Not one who likes elections but would love one this year now...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,399 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Jamie2k9 wrote:
    Not one who likes elections but would love one this year now...

The ge probably isn't too far away, the sparing has begun

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fargojones123

While I would love it to be in Waterford, Carlow could do with some love, the middle of the town is pretty much dead

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    The ge probably isn't too far away, the sparing has begun

Wouldn't be so sure, could be two years away, could be two weeks away too but lot of talk in media of ff having no interest at the moment and committing to another budget or two, meanwhile we have no one in govt that anybody would even listen to. we need by election here to account for deasy being away.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,399 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Max Powers wrote:
    Wouldn't be so sure, could be two years away, could be two weeks away too but lot of talk in media of ff having no interest at the moment and committing to another budget or two, meanwhile we have no one in govt that anybody would even listen to. we need by election here to account for deasy being away.

Good point alright, did spot that, it ll be interesting to watch the sparing

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Just seen a comment from Rob Cass that this is not just Waterford but the whole South East and a few more counties in Ireland. Wonder what this is.

Seems to me like it might be a big retailer or something along those lines If it's across the whole South East and other counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Waterboy2014

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    Just seen a comment from Rob Cass that this is not just Waterford but the whole South East and a few more counties in Ireland. Wonder what this is.

Seems to me like it might be a big retailer or something along those lines If it's across the whole South East and other counties.

My guess is some renewable energy company.

While I would love it to be in Waterford, Carlow could do with some love, the middle of the town is pretty much dead

Is this not happening in carlow? https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/penneys-to-anchor-new-70m-shopping-centre-in-carlow-1.2952475%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fargojones123

914 wrote: »

It doesn't solve the middle of the town's problem. The amount of vacant shops there is awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Waterboy2014

914 wrote: »

Plus I've heard thatof Penneys development is no longer going ahead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement