Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

alta stare wrote: »
    Why does rob think its ok to go online criticising the government the same government his supposed employers are asking for money from???? Is it really best practice or even professional to being doing such a thing??? Surely if you are that well up in this group you would know (you say you have experience)it would be better off if you kept your mouth shut in public about our government.

And before any of the usual suspects come in with their knickers in a twist i am firmly in favour of this development. I hope it happens i hope it transforms this wonderful city (it also may not), a city i am proud to be from.

I do not have to believe everything i hear or read tho and in doing that it most certainly does not mean i am being negative or a whinger. That type of label is used by the lazy blinkered people, the ones who think they are the almighty, its your choice not to question anything therefore i reserve the right to do the opposite yet to some whoever questions it they are screamed at as being the negative ones, the whingers, the moaners.....that small mind attitude is pathetic and thankfully there is only a handful who partake in such behaviour. It actually laughable how some of ye carry on and to be honest I personally just dont hang on every word this man lays in front of us and seeing his long post criticising the very people he is meant to be doing business with speaks volumes to me that he may be in fact in the words of Eammon Dunphy........ a spoofer.

I think you are right, no one high up in a company is going to go onto a public forum and talk about the project in the terms he has.

anyone one that high up keeps their mouth shut on projects such as this...
    a company such as Fawaz Alhokair would have very strict social media
    guidelines and a PR department that would have a fit if any senior manager was speaking as he is...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

robtri wrote: »
    Why does rob think its ok to go online criticising the government the same government his supposed employers are asking for money from???? Is it really best practice or even professional to being doing such a thing??? Surely if you are that well up in this group you would know (you say you have experience)it would be better off if you kept your mouth shut in public about our government.

And before any of the usual suspects come in with their knickers in a twist i am firmly in favour of this development. I hope it happens i hope it transforms this wonderful city (it also may not), a city i am proud to be from.

I do not have to believe everything i hear or read tho and in doing that it most certainly does not mean i am being negative or a whinger. That type of label is used by the lazy blinkered people, the ones who think they are the almighty, its your choice not to question anything therefore i reserve the right to do the opposite yet to some whoever questions it they are screamed at as being the negative ones, the whingers, the moaners.....that small mind attitude is pathetic and thankfully there is only a handful who partake in such behaviour. It actually laughable how some of ye carry on and to be honest I personally just dont hang on every word this man lays in front of us and seeing his long post criticising the very people he is meant to be doing business with speaks volumes to me that he may be in fact in the words of Eammon Dunphy........ a spoofer.

I think you are right, no one high up in a company is going to go onto a public forum and talk about the project in the terms he has.

anyone one that high up keeps their mouth shut on projects such as this...
    a company such as Fawaz Alhokair would have very strict social media
    guidelines and a PR department that would have a fit if any senior manager was speaking as he is...

He hasn't criticised anyone directly.

Rob Cass is a real person and is involved in the North Quays.

Whether this is actually Rob, I can't say for certain, could easily be someone else, but it does seem like Rob and I doubt anyone is pretending to be him.

Is he not right to criticise the government for their stalling? Things are very much in the balance with this funding, without it the whole project will collapse. Here we have a case where the government should be throwing the funding into this to get a €350 million return on a €70 million investment. But they are dragging it out. If this was Cork, Dublin, Galway or Limerick it would be a done deal.

I'm sure this delay is not helping things in the slightest and the longer it goes on, the easier it is for the project to collapse. Its a disgrace on the governments part and you are all foolish to be having a go at Rob.

He's actually trying to deliver some energy and results into a region that has very little of either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Whoever this poster is, I think he's a spoofer.

If it is a lad working for his company, he's making a show them and himself.

The Government have publicly announced their support for the project by the way. You don't get capital investment from the state without going through a very thorough process though, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not available until 2019.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Whoever this poster is, I think he's a spoofer.

If it is a lad working for his company, he's making a show them and himself.

The Government have publicly announced their support for the project by the way. You don't get capital investment from the state without going through a very thorough process though, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not available until 2019.

They haven't guaranteed the money yet. Announcing is one thing but they haven't provided any meat yet.

Rob has put his real name out there, you can look into what he has done easily enough without having to call him a spoofer.

You also know that without Rob, the North Quays wouldn't even be going ahead? Obviously not just one person involved in it as there are many pieces to it but he's an integral part of it and to call him a spoofer is bang out of order.

Deiseen wrote: »
    They haven't guaranteed the money yet. Announcing is one thing but they haven't provided any meat yet.

Rob has put his real name out there, you can look into what he has done easily enough without having to call him a spoofer.

You also know that without Rob, the North Quays wouldn't even be going ahead? Obviously not just one person involved in it as there are many pieces to it but he's an integral part of it and to call him a spoofer is bang out of order.

Correct. They will never guarantee it. All sorts of things could go wrong, particularly on the developer's side.

His posts definitely coming across like spoofing, and as others have pointed out, publicity criticising your partner on a project is pretty reckless.

• Advertisement

Correct. They will never guarantee it. All sorts of things could go wrong, particularly on the developer's side.

His posts definitely coming across like spoofing, and as others have pointed out, publicity criticising your partner on a project is pretty reckless.

I'd call it putting pressure on to highlight what is at stake. Can understand the man's frustrations after this hesitance has caused months delays.

This is a not a normal partnership by he way. The government have to deliver this for the sake of the SE so he is right to call them out.

The money is for a new station and bridge so regardless of the developer, this money should be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

I am not saying it wont happen i am merely questioning this rob guy and what he is putting out there. I am also not saying he does not work for who he claims to work for and that he is not involved in this project. I do not believe everything he says, unlike others on here. I can. not fathom how someone like him can claim to be involved in a deep manner yet he can go online criticising the very people he is supposedly working with. It seems a bit daft to me.

I have heard through work many different stories about the North Quays and one of those stories i have heard it will start next year. This came from someone working in the city council. Funnily enough tho i still have doubts of it happening.

If rob is who he says he is then maybe he can give an indication as to when it is due to start and if it tallies even remotely as to what i have been told then i may just be convinced. Other than that i will continue to look on with suspicion to the North Keys development and moreso with what rob is telling everybody on here and on twitter.

I must point out, i am not trying to be disrespectful to rob, i just think some of his posts are telling ye all what ye want to hear and its not the reality.

The money is for a new station and bridge so regardless of the developer, this money should be delivered.

If you had a bridge going into an empty docklands and a train station moved for no reason everyone would be going mad about that.

Plus I don't think there is a full appreciation for how tight public finances still are, and will be for many years to come. While construction is expected to start in 2019, we could easily have another recession beginning by then.

I'd call it putting pressure on to highlight what is at stake. Can understand the man's frustrations after this hesitance has caused months delays.

This is a not a normal partnership by he way. The government have to deliver this for the sake of the SE so he is right to call them out.

He can call them out all he wants but he should remember the government owe him or his employers nothing. Imagine someone working for a massive group spending time on boards giving out about the government. It doesnt seem professional to me.

If he reacts via social media when under pressure or he is frustrated then the man has no place in such important roles when his group is dealing with governments where he has to convince them to part with tax payers money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This place, honestly.

If this was a fake Rob Cass the real one would know PDQ.

This place, honestly.

If this was a fake Rob Cass the real one would know PDQ.

I for one never said he was fake i just dont believe some of what he says and i also dont believe someone allegedly high up as he says he is would risk such an important project by criticising the government on social media. It is childish behaviour.

He can call them out all he wants but he should remember the government owe him or his employers nothing. Imagine someone working for a massive group spending time on boards giving out about the government. It doesnt seem professional to me.

If he reacts via social media when under pressure or he is frustrated then the man has no place in such important roles when his group is dealing with governments where he has to convince them to part with tax payers money.

The government are not delivering for him or his company. They are delivering for the people of Waterford and the South east.

I am not saying it wont happen i am merely questioning this rob guy and what he is putting out there. I am also not saying he does not work for who he claims to work for and that he is not involved in this project. I do not believe everything he says, unlike others on here. I can. not fathom how someone like him can claim to be involved in a deep manner yet he can go online criticising the very people he is supposedly working with. It seems a bit daft to me.

I have heard through work many different stories about the North Quays and one of those stories i have heard it will start next year. This came from someone working in the city council. Funnily enough tho i still have doubts of it happening.

If rob is who he says he is then maybe he can give an indication as to when it is due to start and if it tallies even remotely as to what i have been told then i may just be convinced. Other than that i will continue to look on with suspicion to the North Keys development and moreso with what rob is telling everybody on here and on twitter.

I must point out, i am not trying to be disrespectful to rob, i just think some of his posts are telling ye all what ye want to hear and its not the reality.

Rob has repeatedly said that it's end of Q1/beginning of Q2 2019 that it will begin. It slipped because of Government delays and hopefully it doesn't slip anymore.

Rob has repeatedly said that it's end of Q1/beginning of Q2 2019 that it will begin. It slipped because of Government delays and hopefully it doesn't slip anymore.

May i ask you a question? Why is it that you believe what you are told as the gospel truth? Do you know rob enough not to doubt him at all??? Do you really believe everything you are reading on twitter and boards?

The government are not delivering for him or his company. They are delivering for the people of Waterford and the South east.

Yes they are. If the funding was not approved then it wouldn't go ahead. So robs pals wont do it unless they get investment from our government. That is clearly delivering for him and his company.

May i ask you a question? Why is it that you believe what you are told as the gospel truth? Do you know rob enough not to doubt him at all??? Do you really believe everything you are reading on twitter and boards?

No I don't. Far from it. I could also say have you got so cynical that you don't believe anything you read on the same?

I believe him because I'm relatively clued in on the entire process and know everything he has to said to be true/substantiated by others. If he'd have come out with anything false by then it would have been spotted a while back. I've also heard people from city council from talk about how involved Rob is, so if he's taking me for a ride then he's taking a whole lot of people for a ride also.

No I don't. Far from it. I could also say have you got so cynical that you don't believe anything you read on the same?

I believe him because I'm relatively clued in on the entire process and know everything he has to said to be true/substantiated by others. If he'd have come out with anything false by then it would have been spotted a while back. I've also heard people from city council from talk about how involved Rob is, so if he's taking me for a ride then he's taking a whole lot of people for a ride also.

I dont believe all he is saying. I dont think he is being very professional in his criticism of our government on social media. He is telling ye want ye want to hear and ye are hanging on his every word.

Instead of having a go at our government maybe it would be wise for him to stay quiet do the business which needs to be done and have his employers, Waterford City Council and the government all issue a statement of intent when this finally gets the go ahead.

I dont believe all he is saying. I dont think he is being very professional in his criticism of our government on social media. He is telling ye want ye want to hear and ye are hanging on his every word.

Instead of having a go at our government maybe it would be wise for him to stay quiet do the business which needs to be done and have his employers, Waterford City Council and the government all issue a statement of intent when this finally gets the go ahead.

What words am I hanging on exactly? I know he's involved and I enjoy listening to
    updates on how the project is going. I also think the figures he provides/highlights are interesting and eye opening.

If he says the government are holding the thing up then I'd be inclined to believe him.

And yes, his company will lose out if the government don't provide but the government are suppose to work on behalf of the people. How well will it go down if the government cost the south east €350 million and thousands of jobs? Its not him or his company that will have to deal with the political fall out from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭robcass78

What words am I hanging on exactly? I know he's involved and I enjoy listening to
    updates on how the project is going. I also think the figures he provides/highlights are interesting and eye opening.

If he says the government are holding the thing up then I'd be inclined to believe him.

And yes, his company will lose out if the government don't provide but the government are suppose to work on behalf of the people. How well will it go down if the government cost the south east €350 million and thousands of jobs? Its not him or his company that will have to deal with the political fall out from that.

Firstly, we're poneying up 92% of the budget outlay, and the govt spend is all on infrastructure, which is spent with companies to create jobs. Plus, bridge & roads & train has to be done at some point so we're making a big contribution to that spend.

Then ongoing benefits of €377m a year in taxes, salaries and economic spend plus the 3700 jobs wouldn't be happening from govt; it's private capital driven (or else it would have happened by now right?) So if the government / region are getting the benefits from this, why isn't it doing it themselves and spending the money themselves?

Second, the impact of underdelivery by govt & civil servants costs €4bn a year; nearly 10 times the impact of North Quays, so shouldn't that be fixed as well?

Fixing 4bn impact is a far bigger benefit or if delivery remains poor and decline, the business risk is that poor policy delivery offsets the jobs and spend that NQ is deliverying. I.e. Job losses, healthcare issues all hit spends & mean youth leave at a rate of 1 in 4.

Third, check the WLR interviews I've given, check LinkedIn and shortly Bloomberg & Reuters as to 'who I am' as I don't need to upload my payslip from Fawaz Alhokair nor send anyone minutes from County hall sessions. But ring County mgr or Leo or Paudie or Damien English and then ask can you join the sessions we're already having on looking at fixing things to address the underdelivery, as I have the very same conversations with them and then we talk solutions, as whinging is easy, acting and doing is where the rubber hits road.

Or join the Regional Development Agency with other exceptional regional business leaders, the County CEO's & I, where we're coming up with our own actions to change the South East region for the better.

But come with solutions, not simply questioning my cred as when my own kids future is on the line from what I do as getting things right means the 1 in 4 don't leave, I only accept superb standards. I will call it out as we are giving South East taxpayers 3.7bn in benefits over 10 years. The government are not, but do require involvement to partner but to be blunt; we're doing the heavy lifting.

Take us out the equation and particularly me being a pain in the neck going 'we can and must do so much better; let's lead'.

Or ring in to WLR (Eamon Keane has met me & knows my family) or Newstalk when I'll be on shortly talking up the North Quays, michael St, the wider South East, and how this is just the start of how we'll be asking the community to make it the best region to live, play and work in.

If everyone secures €1bn in FDI over 2 years, we'd be some region.

So 'Alta', show me your creds and let's see what you've delivered in the past 20 years then I might invite you to the office with the large North Quays design team of Ireland & UK leading consultants who are working away at 100 miles an hour, or join in the wider business community laying out how we shake things up for the better to see where you could collaborate on and see what suggestions you have to make city & region better.

Bit silly to ask am I real. Go and speak to anyone of cred in the city and they'll have met me.

The North Quays isn't about me; it's about jobs and benefits to now & the future. That's where the importance is. Am not into ego's and headline's.

This topic is about the investment, not me. Please keep it on topic, with suggestions for improvement.

Going forward, I will respond to topics on North Quays & Michael St as 99% here have good intentions, but I am not on here on our business or when I brushed my teeth/irrevelant nonsense.

• Advertisement

Rob i never said you weren't real and I don't need to show you my "creds" as i am not claiming to be all that you are claiming to be. I am not looking to portray myself as the white knight of Waterford.

I dont think it is right for you to be giving out on social media about the very people you expect to invest money into your project. You come across as if you think it is you and your employers god given right to get funding. The government have to be cautious on developments like this as at any moment your friends could pull the plug. Your consistent giving out is just another cog in the wheel which could potentially cost Waterford but your seem too self absorbed to notice your trivial moans on social media. Do you really think giving out on social media platforms will put pressure on the government to release a substantial amount of money to your group????

Waterford City Council might be falling all over you but the government wont. They will hopefully go through this with a fine tooth comb and make sure this does not become a white elephant like many other developments.

Again as i have said before i hope it goes ahead, i hope your company builds something which transforms Waterford because we need to progress. We all must remember and this includes you, there is a danger this could turn into another eye sore on our river, another abandoned building and lord knows we already have enough of them.

Rob i never said you weren't real and I don't need to show you my "creds" as i am not claiming to be all that you are claiming to be. I am not looking to portray myself as the white knight of Waterford.

I dont think it is right for you to be giving out on social media about the very people you expect to invest money into your project. You come across as if you think it is you and your employers god given right to get funding. The government have to be cautious on developments like this as at any moment your friends could pull the plug. Your consistent giving out is just another cog in the wheel which could potentially cost Waterford but your seem too self absorbed to notice your trivial moans on social media. Do you really think giving out on social media platforms will put pressure on the government to release a substantial amount of money to your group????

Waterford City Council might be falling all over you but the government wont. They will hopefully go through this with a fine tooth comb and make sure this does not become a white elephant like many other developments.

Again as i have said before i hope it goes ahead, i hope your company builds something which transforms Waterford because we need to progress. We all must remember and this includes you, there is a danger this could turn into another eye sore on our river, another abandoned building and lord knows we already have enough of them.

It's not a substantial investment for government; it's giving a payback of 58 times the govt outlay.

Leo /Paschal / Damien / Ruth all saw the designs and think they look sustainable and amazing.

So let's say the government pull the small relative amount of funding by saying 'we don't want to create 3,700 jobs and get 3.7bn back for taxpayers and 58 times the return on investment' as we don't like criticism, but you do know I'm working with them in the background on solutions? When we're in leadership positions, it's great to get criticism as it means there's room for improvement & bluntly, folk care to get engaged. If it's quiet, something's up.

You'll also see I'm positive when it's merited.

The funding isn't certain.

Have you seen cathlab funding delivered? TUSE? Housing build rate misses? Tourism underperformance? IDA underperformance? You know Ireland 2040 is late and Southern Assembly won't have anything on it until end Q1 19, so it's already a 1 year delay in simply producing a plan from a Vision 2040 that was released in April, and the North Quays was in that vision, and that 1 delay costs the region €850m in 2019? How's that for 'delivery'?

Promises on paper aren't money or jobs delivered.

That's called execution risk; or 'missing plans & targets.' Which there is a lot of misses in Ireland and that's unlike other countries.

The majority of the risk is on us. As is the financial outlay.

If the regions underperformance continues we continue to lose 1 in 4 people in county and South East which is 5,000 a year, that's far higher than North Quays, so I've no illusion that this fixes the city & region. It doesn't. It simply stems a bit of talent.

And you're pretty naive to think we've not spent 18 months analysing this from every possible angle. Having built up 14 communities on much larger scales, we know what we're doing. As did Council do the evaluation as did Dept of public expenditure & reform; it's the highest returning project on state table at the moment.

To bring home how much the government cares so much about this investment / county/ region, for an investment of 3,700 jobs, or highest in state history, it doesn't even have a dedicated team on it from any or all department.

Not one dedicated public sector person. For €350m/3,700 jobs. Is that giving you comfort your tax is being well spent for a project delivering 377m a year back to the economy?

So ask yourself:

-if an investment of this scale doesn't get a dedicated project team to make it a reality, what does? What does that imply to the us investing all the money and the community who 96% say they want it about intent? Would you say 'the government are taking this seriously?'

If it was Apple, in Dublin, creating 3,700 jobs, would it be different?

You clearly haven't seen our designs & plans; we're going to have stunning, vibrant Quays and make us the best regional city in Ireland and people will move here to live here. The offices alone are 1,000 jobs so of course it won't be dead, so quit with the nonsense.

This is far from a certainty, and that's purely down to politics, not economics. It should have been started a year ago but a Local minister and state body negatively intervened.

-If I say 'let's back out' and see does the government step in instead of us with €350m, you seriously think local politics will work with government to step in & deliver it out? Can't even find 4m for cathlab that is owed and govt owe Council c12m for Greenway, never mind €350m development costs.

You're miles away from the reality of the project, the sheer work involved, the politics at play trying to stop it or hope it dies before it starts, and being a hurler on the ditch going 'hope it won't be an elephant'; instead, ask 'how do I go out and make 3,700 jobs and each with 4 dependents a reality; make it a success' as the city and region are going to prosper and hopefully never look back when it's done.

If you had a bridge going into an empty docklands and a train station moved for no reason everyone would be going mad about that.

Plus I don't think there is a full appreciation for how tight public finances still are, and will be for many years to come. While construction is expected to start in 2019, we could easily have another recession beginning by then.

Right. Which is why 377m additional income a year to government should be welcomed, as it's counter cyclical investment creating jobs.

Money tight due to mismanagement in health budgets

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Just curious. When you refer to snr civil servants are they the Dublin based ones or those locally ie our council employees......those who get the blame for wrecking the city with traffic plans such as quays, the more recent bath street/ manor set up and countless others, the tolled bypass etc...?

You generally present a balanced view in any case not like the majority of the moaners on this thread/site who already see the glass half empty.

Senior civil servants & cabinet ministers in Dublin who've met me on NQ opportunities & issues; e.g guy who's the main brain of Ireland 2040 & meeting again week after next as we as a region are miles ahead of others on 2040 delivery/projects, so we're collaborating with them on new things to accelerate 2040 on housing/climate action and measuring delivery / non-delivery by Councils/regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

robcass78 wrote: »
    Senior civil servants & cabinet ministers in Dublin who've met me on NQ opportunities & issues; e.g guy who's the main brain of Ireland 2040 & meeting again week after next as we as a region are miles ahead of others on 2040 delivery/projects, so we're collaborating with them on new things to accelerate 2040 on housing/climate action and measuring delivery / non-delivery by Councils/regions.

That is a very encouraging bit of news.
    Being the 'early bird' can have huge benefits for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Thanks for coming in and cutting through the bullsh*t Rob.

robcass78 wrote: »

It's not a substantial investment for government; it's giving a payback of 58 times the govt outlay.

Leo /Paschal / Damien / Ruth all saw the designs and think they look sustainable and amazing.

So let's say the government pull the small relative amount of funding by saying 'we don't want to create 3,700 jobs and get 3.7bn back for taxpayers and 58 times the return on investment' as we don't like criticism, but you do know I'm working with them in the background on solutions? When we're in leadership positions, it's great to get criticism as it means there's room for improvement & bluntly, folk care to get engaged. If it's quiet, something's up.

You'll also see I'm positive when it's merited.

The funding isn't certain.

Have you seen cathlab funding delivered? TUSE? Housing build rate misses? Tourism underperformance? IDA underperformance? You know Ireland 2040 is late and Southern Assembly won't have anything on it until end Q1 19, so it's already a 1 year delay in simply producing a plan from a Vision 2040 that was released in April, and the North Quays was in that vision, and that 1 delay costs the region €850m in 2019? How's that for 'delivery'?

Promises on paper aren't money or jobs delivered.

That's called execution risk; or 'missing plans & targets.' Which there is a lot of misses in Ireland and that's unlike other countries.

The majority of the risk is on us. As is the financial outlay.

If the regions underperformance continues we continue to lose 1 in 4 people in county and South East which is 5,000 a year, that's far higher than North Quays, so I've no illusion that this fixes the city & region. It doesn't. It simply stems a bit of talent.

And you're pretty naive to think we've not spent 18 months analysing this from every possible angle. Having built up 14 communities on much larger scales, we know what we're doing. As did Council do the evaluation as did Dept of public expenditure & reform; it's the highest returning project on state table at the moment.

To bring home how much the government cares so much about this investment / county/ region, for an investment of 3,700 jobs, or highest in state history, it doesn't even have a dedicated team on it from any or all department.

Not one dedicated public sector person. For €350m/3,700 jobs. Is that giving you comfort your tax is being well spent for a project delivering 377m a year back to the economy?

So ask yourself:

-if an investment of this scale doesn't get a dedicated project team to make it a reality, what does? What does that imply to the us investing all the money and the community who 96% say they want it about intent? Would you say 'the government are taking this seriously?'

If it was Apple, in Dublin, creating 3,700 jobs, would it be different?

You clearly haven't seen our designs & plans; we're going to have stunning, vibrant Quays and make us the best regional city in Ireland and people will move here to live here. The offices alone are 1,000 jobs so of course it won't be dead, so quit with the nonsense.

This is far from a certainty, and that's purely down to politics, not economics. It should have been started a year ago but a Local minister and state body negatively intervened.

-If I say 'let's back out' and see does the government step in instead of us with €350m, you seriously think local politics will work with government to step in & deliver it out? Can't even find 4m for cathlab that is owed and govt owe Council c12m for Greenway, never mind €350m development costs.

You're miles away from the reality of the project, the sheer work involved, the politics at play trying to stop it or hope it dies before it starts, and being a hurler on the ditch going 'hope it won't be an elephant'; instead, ask 'how do I go out and make 3,700 jobs and each with 4 dependents a reality; make it a success' as the city and region are going to prosper and hopefully never look back when it's done.

Jesus Rob, go easy on him! That's the most epic burn I've ever seen on boards, I'm not sure if he'll survive!

The work your doing, and the issues you are highlighting are appreciated by 99% of people on here so don't let some spoofer deter you even 1% in what your doing.

What do you suggest we can do to help out, other than lobby TDs/Council/Senetators? Everyone wants to see this over the line, is worth having local meetings to get locals more involved in getting it over the line?

Thanks for coming in and cutting through the bullsh*t Rob.

No bother, Cristy.

Jesus Rob, go easy on him! That's the most epic burn I've ever seen on boards, I'm not sure if he'll survive!

The work your doing, and the issues you are highlighting are appreciated by 99% of people on here so don't let some spoofer deter you even 1% in what your doing.

What do you suggest we can do to help out, other than lobby TDs/Council/Senetators? Everyone wants to see this over the line, is worth having local meetings to get locals more involved in getting it over the line?

Am open to ideas; once funding application goes in, we've to ramp up getting the community involved.

Let me sleep on it.

• Advertisement

That is a very encouraging bit of news.
    Being the 'early bird' can have huge benefits for all.

Why be second to the table eating other cities & regions scraps/ getting involved in petty politics, not putting options on table or "waiting for central solutions/let's see what happens" when we can lead and drive on as a region ourselves?

I don't believe in being subserviant and dependent on anyone else for the region's destiny; there's enough capability in the region and many (about 50,000 plus their partners/families) who are outside the region who have left due to historical & current ineptness that are seeking a reason to come back to home.

"First to the ball" and all that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement