Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,404 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

dzilla wrote:
    I doubt it , if their treatment of Women as second class citizens isnt a problem for the Irish government I doubt this will be.

Maybe, maybe not, time will tell, but I'd imagine all will be quite until this investigation calms down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Business is business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

dzilla wrote: »
    Bards wrote: »
    Will the current concern over Saudi Arabia involvement of the dissappearence of the Journalist in it's Turkish embassy give the Irish Government a way out of providing the funding necessary for the North Quays... Are we yet again destined to failure due to bad timing... Discuss

I doubt it , if their treatment of Women as second class citizens isnt a problem for the Irish government I doubt this will be.

Private company with nothing to do with the running of the country. Should we blame the likes of Kerry Group, Glanbia and Kingspan for the way we treated our women and kids in the 80s/90s?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Deiseen wrote: »
    Private company with nothing to do with the running of the country. Should we blame the likes of Kerry Group, Glanbia and Kingspan for the way we treated our women and kids in the 80s/90s?

I was responding to a comment regarding the Irish govt would perceive something concerning the Saudi govt, I didnt mention the shopping centre company on the north quays. Thanks for the faux concern however.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Business is business.

Murder is murder

• Advertisement

Business is business.

Murder is murder

I agree in principle but if we did follow that logic strictly then no one would do business with anyone and we would all be poor and jobless.

Uk, Saudis, US, France etc etc etc alll have a lot of blood on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

I agree in principle but if we did follow that logic strictly then no one would do business with anyone and we would all be poor and jobless.

Grand so

Grand so

Did I say it was grand? People only seem to pipe up when its another country involved.

US and UK way worse than Saudis yet we would take the hand off them if they offered us a few euro. UK even have our blood on their hands, but we love a bit of brit money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

It's all money. And its all covered in blood. As stated US/UK/EU money is just as bad if not worse. Better in our pocket than elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Would anyone boycott an investment in the Airport if the Irish government knocked off a critical journalist?

• Advertisement

Would anyone boycott an investment in the Airport if the Irish government knocked off a critical journalist?

I think most of us would be utilising that and any other airport available to emigrate if our government starting going down that road in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Are people as outraged with the private American,British,French,Israeli companies who are heavily invested in Waterford,as they are with a private Saudi company looking to do business here?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Protests have started it seems

7223-C3-F6-108-A-4869-8938-581949-F17615.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭azimuth17

One of the usual suspects, train
    ed in the Keizer Street Academy of brainlessness or one of its sister schools, I'd say. Can hear them now ringing the late Billy McCarthy. Let him stay there in his Dubes or Nike trainers (made in Vietnam or Indonesia?). Ignorance is a blessing to some people.

Aquos76 wrote: »

OMFG....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

What a prize dope.

What's to boycott out at the airport

Some buzzer

Some buzzer

It's you isn't it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭914

Will the current concern over Saudi Arabia involvement of the dissappearence of the Journalist in it's Turkish embassy give the Irish Government a way out of providing the funding necessary for the North Quays... Are we yet again destined to failure due to bad timing... Discuss

Why?

This isn't a saudi government investment. It is a private investment.

Silly argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭914

This reminds me of the guy outside croke park protesting against "foreign sports" being played in CP and he was wearing a Celtic jersey.

Chances are all this clothes, jewellery and phone were all made with "blood money." He also, most likely is always heard saying "the town is gone to the dogs, there's nothing to do in that town" and now protests against a €300 million euro investment.

914 wrote: »

Why?

Silly argument.

This is the frustrating thing. So frustrating that people cannot understand this simple detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,404 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

914 wrote:

It would be political suicide to mention anything related to Saudi right now, so I suspect there won't be much mentioned about this project, particularly from a political perspective, until this investigation calms down, that could be just a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

Why?

Silly argument.

I am aware it is a Saudi Private company... The problem for the govt is if/when they announce funding for the North Quays is what will the perception that other peoples views outside of Waterford will be... I am sure this will be taken on board on any decision on the North Quays and rightly or wrongly perception is everything...

Why?

Silly argument.

I am aware it is a Saudi Private company... The problem for the govt is if/when they announce funding for the North Quays is what will the perception that other peoples views outside of Waterford will be... I am sure this will be taken on board on any decision on the North Quays and rightly or wrongly perception is everything...

The funding is not specifically for the North Quays and none of it is going directly to Saudi Arabia in any way.

The money is to facilitate the development of the North Quays whether that's by Al Hokair or whoever.

engiweirdo wrote: »
    It's you isn't it....

You got me :pac::pac::pac:

Is Fawaz still staying in the Ritz or ?

Is Fawaz still staying in the Ritz or ?
    You spelled "Maryland" wrong there.

engiweirdo wrote: »
    You spelled "Maryland" wrong there.

Whats the Maryland got to do with the Ritz in Riyadh?

• Advertisement

Whats the Maryland got to do with the Ritz in Riyadh?

My mistake. Sorry. You could see how a fella might confuse the two though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement