Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    again, these mechanisms dont necessarily need to be in the form of 'taxation', we also have enough utopian ideologies on this planet, including left leaning ones, these mechanisms are also not 'imagined up', as they already exist on this planet

Just give it up man. For all of our sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,404 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Deiseen wrote: »
    Just give it man. For all of our sanity.

heres a mad idea, just block me. if the opinions of a stranger on the internets are bothering you, just block them! lifes too short!:confused:

heres a mad idea, just block me. if the opinions of a stranger on the internets are bothering you, just block them! lifes too short!:confused:

It's not your opinions that bother me, its where you post them!

Really struggling to see how you are not getting it as its been said to by many people on this forum besides me.

You're clearly not getting it, and I don't think you will, so could you kindly tell me how I can block/mute you because I am totally fed up.

It's not your opinions that bother me, its where you post them!

Really struggling to see how you are not getting it as its been said to by many people on this forum besides me.

You're clearly not getting it, and I don't think you will, so could you kindly tell me how I can block/mute you because I am totally fed up.

i think you click on my user name and go from there, or you could just completely ignore my posts indefinitely.

i think you click on my user name and go from there, or you could just completely ignore my posts indefinitely.

OR you could just keep your posts relevant. How about that?

Go to the economic/financial forums for your ideologies.

• Advertisement

OR you could just keep your posts relevant. How about that?

Go to the economic/financial forums for your ideologies.

again, in my opinion, which i believe is just as valid as yours, is relevant. i think its best you just block my posts, or ignore them

again, in my opinion, which i believe is just as valid as yours, is relevant. i think its best you just block my posts, or ignore them

Literally no one else on here thinks that it's relevant. Literally no one!

Literally no one else on here thinks that it's relevant. Literally no one!

a major economic project, economics and politics not relevant! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

This is the Waterford forum? right?

Not the capitalism v communism forum. Am I mistaken?

comeraghs wrote: »

Sir, you are not mistaken.

• Advertisement

comeraghs wrote: »

what does communism got to do with this conversation?

Think you are starting to get it now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its Adam Smith v John Maynard Keynes and as such boring the arse off this thread.

Hopefully we'll get some fresh news soon to drag us back on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Id love to have a pint with wanderer id say he could talk for days on all the documentaries he has seen and the stuff he's read on the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Id love to have a pint with wanderer id say he could talk for days on all the documentaries he has seen and the stuff he's read on the internet!

Like most on here I’m sure the chap is a decent skin and In fairness a capital tax would be a fantastic way of future proofing tax/local authority revenue in theory. However, it’ll never happen as it would hinder any future economic and employment growth. A blind man could see that. We are not Norway or Saudi Arabia (??). We don’t have their natural resources and we are an island nation with a smaller population than Manchester. For that reason we need to keep making capital investments as attractive as possible and not put up any barriers to growth, regardless of the ultimate uneven distribution of wealth.

Anyway, driving through town today I was thinking how great it will be have the north quays lit up for Xmas 2023 with a proper market down along the south quays!!!

Feel bad for having a go. As I said, I agree with most of what you say and find it interesting, it's just not relevant to what we are talking about here man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Feel bad for having a go. As I said, I agree with most of what you say and find it interesting, it's just not relevant to what we are talking about here man.

Make up your mind you’re as bad as the Tories :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

some of these Cllr really don't have a clue what they're talking about. go back to fixing potholes and footpaths lads

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

Why footbridge for god sake?? Why not normal one for cars?? There is a real disaster in the mornings/evenings and will be much worse when north quays finished. Doesnt make any sense to me. RIP Infrastructure in waterford

• Advertisement

Why footbridge for god sake?? Why not normal one for cars?? There is a real disaster in the mornings/evenings and will be much worse when north quays finished. Doesnt make any sense to me. RIP Infrastructure in waterford

The plan is to eventually have a bridge for traffic at the tower hotel. Having a bridge for cars at the clock tower would be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

The plan is to eventually have a bridge for traffic at the tower hotel. Having a bridge for cars at the clock tower would be a disaster.

Ah ok… I thought that footbridge will be at tower hotel and thats it

It's not a footbridge it's a foot and mini-bus bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

It's not a footbridge it's a foot and mini-bus bridge

Slightly off current topic but I noted the crushed rubble from the building on NQ’s being removed/sold during the week. Another small bit of progress. Although you would have thought this material could have been used somewhere within the development....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Slightly off current topic but I noted the crushed rubble from the building on NQ’s being removed/sold during the week. Another small bit of progress. Although you would have thought this material could have been used somewhere within the development....?

Backfill????

Those days are long gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Backfill????

Those days are long gone!

Was thinking more along the lines of ‘general fill’....then again I no eff all about the regs regarding post demolition/crushed material and what it can and can’t be used as/for.

It's probably got a certain low level of "bad" material in it so has to be sent off to be buried properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Waterford will be incorporated into the Roman Republic as of January 10th 2019. Resistance is futile.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭curmudgeonly

Waterford will be incorporated into the Roman Republic as of January 10th 2019. Resistance is futile.

You're mixing your Romans and your Borg up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

The CCC's submission to ABP including Environmental Impact Assessment Report, Natura Impact Statement and graphics showing bridge options:

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/303274.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement