Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

So what is the update on the NQ? It seems to have gone very quiet. Will it even happen now with the costings of the children's hospital gone through the roof? The fact there is no public press releases or activity about any progress is not a good sign.

I have seen the occasional bit of work being done across by Ferrybank that being about 4 weeks ago. Some guy was drilling the ground. If it is related then progress is slow very slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

alta stare wrote: »
    So what is the update on the NQ? It seems to have gone very quiet. Will it even happen now with the costings of the children's hospital gone through the roof? The fact there is no public press releases or activity about any progress is not a good sign.

I have seen the occasional bit of work being done across by Ferrybank that being about 4 weeks ago. Some guy was drilling the ground. If it is related then progress is slow very slow.

I think that you have answered your own question there in the singular tense!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

There has been updates in the papers every week now for last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Max Powers wrote: »

C'mon Max! He is asking for real news by real journalists!

Haven't seen it Max. What is the jist of it? To be fair i dont take much of what is reported in the papers as gospel. Id rather see or hear press releases from the investment group or the council. Has that happened via the papers or is it the usual 'reputable source'?

By the way Robs posts here dont count as an update as they are usually full of him slating the government or what not. Id rather see it come from the council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Haven't seen it Max. What is the jist of it? To be fair i dont take much of what is reported in the papers as gospel. Id rather see or hear press releases from the investment group or the council. Has that happened via the papers or is it the usual 'reputable source'?

By the way Robs posts here dont count as an update as they are usually full of him slating the government or what not. Id rather see it come from the council.

It's in generally reliable information not the BS on here in general, stuff on it about meetings they have had, updates and website.there is people who use the likes of boards or a high stool for their information, or lack of it as oft the case

It's in generally reliable information not the BS on here in general, stuff on it about meetings they have had, updates and website.there is people who use the likes of boards or a high stool for their information, or lack of it as oft the case

Plenty of those here on Boards had no problem in believing every word typed by Rob, in fact many called others negative, moaners, begrudgers etc so are they after been caught out by bullsh!t aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Plenty of those here on Boards had no problem in believing every word typed by Rob, in fact many called others negative, moaners, begrudgers etc so are they after been caught out by bullsh!t aswell?

What has he said that's not true?

Deiseen wrote: »
    What has he said that's not true?

What has he said that is true which you can confirm?

What has he said that is true which you can confirm?

Isn't Rob the head of Falcon which is managing the entire development?

If we can't trust him then we are completely screwed.

• Advertisement

Isn't Rob the head of Falcon which is managing the entire development?

If we can't trust him then we are completely screwed.

Exactly.

Exactly.

Exactly what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

He means he's got nothing and is just trying to deflect.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

Some amount of BS posted on this thread recently. This is a massive project and won't be built overnight. There are so many elements that have to come together, the sheer workload takes time to get through. Some posters here panic if there is not an official status update given every couple of days.

There will be times when it all goes quite, when there's an information vacuum. It's during those times posters will speculate, spread rumours or just down right troll, good or bad, I suggest people relax, don't hang onto every word these people post and try stay positive and wait for information from more reliable sources.

Exactly what?

You said if we cant trust Rob then we are screwed........ I said exactly.

A professional doesnt carry on like he does.

You said if we cant trust Rob then we are screwed........ I said exactly.

A professional doesnt carry on like he does.

Well he's got fairly serious credentials so he must be doing something right.

JohnC. wrote: »
    He means he's got nothing and is just trying to deflect.

Me?? No i dont think so. Putting energy into replying to some people on Boards just isnt worth it.

If the NQ doesnt happen im sure all of ye will feel a bit sheepish but then again ye probably wont as some of ye are too narrow minded to accept a different opinion. Other people are allowed have views which ye may not like. Its ok you know.

Me?? No i dont think so. Putting energy into replying to some people on Boards just isnt worth it.

If the NQ doesnt happen im sure all of ye will feel a bit sheepish but then again ye probably wont as some of ye are too narrow minded to accept a different opinion. Other people are allowed have views which ye may not like. Its ok you know.

I'm not 100% certain it will happen, none of us are, but we are hopeful.

Seemingly wanting it to fail is another story altogether.

Well he's got fairly serious credentials so he must be doing something right.

That doesnt mean he is being professional at all times. He showed as such on here and twitter.

Anyway im not going back and forth about him again. Iv said before he acted unprofessional and i have not changed my opinion on him.

Its ok that i think that so i dont see why people get so stroppy about it.

I'm not 100% certain it will happen, none of us are, but we are hopeful.

Seemingly wanting it to fail is another story altogether.

I have never said or implied i want it to fail and if you are accusing me of such things can you please point out where i said it.

• Advertisement

That doesnt mean he is being professional at all times. He showed as such on here and twitter.

Anyway im not going back and forth about him again. Iv said before he acted unprofessional and i have not changed my opinion on him.

Its ok that i think that so i dont see why people get so stroppy about it.

Because you seem to think that the project will fail solely based on his posts here.

Which is a bit ridiculous

I have never said or implied i want it to fail and if you are accusing me of such things can you please point out where i said it.

I said "seemingly" and it does seem that way

Because you seem to think that the project will fail solely based on his posts here.

Which is a bit ridiculous

No i never said that or implied anything like that. I said he was being unprofessional. I dont believe everything he is saying (ranting) and the silence from him and his group along with the City Council are disconcerting. Add the mess of the childrens hospital to the mix and it makes for a potentially bad outcome.

Again i am allowed express my views so the reaction from some posters is sad and funny at the same time. Grown ups getting triggered by a difference of opinion on a social media site is what is ridiculous.

No i never said that or implied anything like that. I said he was being unprofessional. I dont believe everything he is saying (ranting) and the silence from him and his group along with the City Council are disconcerting. Add the mess of the childrens hospital to the mix and it makes for a potentially bad outcome.

Again i am allowed express my views so the reaction from some posters is sad and funny at the same time. Grown ups getting triggered by a difference of opinion on a social media site is what is ridiculous.

You literally said exactly to my post saying we were screwed if Rob is full of BS.

If you have questions then go on social media and ask Rob. I am sure he will reply to any reasonable question you ask of him.

You literally said exactly to my post saying we were screwed if Rob is full of BS.

If you have questions then go on social media and ask Rob. I am sure he will reply to any reasonable question you ask of him.

Yeah i think he is full of bullsh!t and has been unprofessional in his postings.

Why would i ask him questions when he could just spout on like he has been? The questions can be answered by being professional and getting the NQ built in partnership with the CC and the government. He would be wise to stop slating them though.

Yeah i think he is full of bullsh!t and has been unprofessional in his postings.

Why would i ask him questions when he could just spout on like he has been? The questions can be answered by being professional and getting the NQ built in partnership with the CC and the government. He would be wise to stop slating them though.

Look, he's used his real name and is essily available to contact.

So go talk to him, or don't. But if you don't, then just let up will you.

Look, he's used his real name and is essily available to contact.

So go talk to him, or don't. But if you don't, then just let up will you.

Did he?? Very good of him. Sorry but that is something a 10yr old would counter argue with.

No and no. D i will congratulate him if it is built.

Did he?? Very good of him. Sorry but that is something a 10yr old would counter argue with.

No and no. D i will congratulate him if it is built.

So what are you expecting at the moment? They've assigned a PR company a couple weeks back to handle announcements and the such. Will that make you happy?

So what are you expecting at the moment? They've assigned a PR company a couple weeks back to handle announcements and the such. Will that make you happy?

For the CC and the Government to make some positive noises about the build.

I hope Rob doesnt have any input with the PR company :D

• Advertisement

For the CC and the Government to make some positive noises about the build.

I hope Rob doesnt have any input with the PR company :D

Plenty of positive notes from government and CC lately if you care to look for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement