Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Deiseen wrote: »
    Plenty of positive notes from government and CC lately if you care to look for them.

I will thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,404 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'd have to support the view that some of robs behaviour on social media is very unprofessional, some local business owners have tried to communicate their concerns to him about this project, only to be largely ignored, hopefully these issues can be resolved in time, as this will be an incredible addition to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭curmudgeonly

I stand by what I said 100%,despite what anyone has said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

#ibelieveher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

alta stare wrote: »
    I have never said or implied i want it to fail and if you are accusing me of such things can you please point out where i said it.

This is spouted at all who go against the grain.....even me of all people!
    Don't get too worked up about it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

If it doesn't go ahead, what would people think of turning it into a nice riverside park / green area instead? The money for a footbridge is already allocated.

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    If it doesn't go ahead, what would people think of turning it into a nice riverside park / green area instead? The money for a footbridge is already allocated.

A Hydro-electric power station I think is something that maybe should be looked at?
    With so much water pushing in and out of the harbour surely we can go green
    and maybe try to generate some electricity without too great a cost?

A green area will create nothing more then a drinking and drug zone.

Over to you Harry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Is there anything to be said for another car park?

jelutong wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for another car park?

About as much to be said for another mass!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Remember now, stupidity has real consequences.

• Advertisement

This is spouted at all who go against the grain.....even me of all people!
    Don't get too worked up about it! :D

Oh i wont i know how this place works and how some of its residents operate. Cant say boo without somone crying wolf about how its negative, bitter, moaning. Its hilarious to be fair.

alta stare wrote: »
    Oh i wont i know how this place works and how some of its residents operate. Cant say boo without somone crying wolf about how its negative, bitter, moaning. Its hilarious to be fair.

I couldn't have put it more eloquently myself! It's all just a bit of fun...…..like the investment!!!

I couldn't have put it more eloquently myself! It's all just a bit of fun...…..like the investment!!!

We know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

IanVW wrote: »

I know these things take time but it's astounding how many different ways you can say the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

I know these things take time but it's astounding how many different ways you can say the same thing.

And in a similar fashion how many different ways negative/nay sayers both on line and off line continue to dismiss the whole thing as a fantasy April fool type project

Road-Hog wrote: »
    And in a similar fashion how many different ways negative/nay sayers both on line and off line continue to dismiss the whole thing as a fantasy April fool type project

I don't! I'm hugely supportive of it and hope to god it happens, but feel this announcement doesn't add anymore certainty than we had yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

I don't! I'm hugely supportive of it and hope to god it happens, but feel this announcement doesn't add anymore certainty than we had yesterday.

Only that its going ahead at the end of this year

Only that its going ahead at the end of this year

First of all it first quarter, then after summer and now its end of year.

I think they are still confident to not have a delay for completion but the start date is constantly shifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

I think they are still confident to not have a delay for completion but the start date is constantly shifting.

A development of this size was never going to be on schedule!

• Advertisement

You'd want to be careful or else you might be considered negative :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I'm not sure if it's sloppy journalism, or if they just don't have any of the info, but you'd expect some quote from a representative or a relevant press release.

Ahem

A development of this size was never going to be on schedule!

I know. But this announcement was made like it's some kind of huge news, when in reality, its just confirming a delay. If they said work was gonna start in the next 4 months then I'd say great. But to say that it'll start before December 2019 (10 months) is a bit of a wet fart.

As I said, I understand that something of this scale takes time and will see delays. I just feel that this announcement is the same as many before with a different date.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Waterboy2014

I know. But this announcement was made like it's some kind of huge news, when in reality, its just confirming a delay. If they said work was gonna start in the next 4 months then I'd say great. But to say that it'll start before December 2019 (10 months) is a bit of a wet fart.

As I said, I understand that something of this scale takes time and will see delays. I just feel that this announcement is the same as many before with a different date.

I think the biggest difference is that this is an announcement by the developer and not the council. All previous official announcements have been via the Council. It's better than an announcement calling off the entire project.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

This morning, (March 12) Falcon Real Estate Development Ireland has reasserted its commitment to the Waterford North Quays and Michael Street developments

So where is this announcement?
    Is there some reason it is not quoted in this 'article'?

This reads like some advert ..... or really a means of putting pressure on gov to ensure the funding becomes available, by keeping the project in the public mind.

If that was the intent I hope it succeeds ...... but it is beyond sloppy to print there is an announcement and not to quote any part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

https://www.wlrfm.com/2019/03/12/85442/

WLR has the complete statement. Can't see it as anything other than a positive that a company "reasserts its commitment" to a project in Waterford. No matter what the reason behind issuing the statement is.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Lads, I think ye are all actually missing something here, this is a very positive move as its the first time that the company has actually publicly released a statement on these developments, hence the reason why local media are carrying it as major news. Everything up to this was purely speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

Ye're writing off the project when there's no news and ye're witing it off when there is news..positive news. Sounds like some of ye want it to fail just to be right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

Quoting from WLR... Development " is likely to start before the end of the current year"

Still not 100 percent committed to a start date

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement