Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

alta stare wrote: »
    Did i say the middle of town? I think not.

3 minute wait at the bridge??? You clearly dont come into the city from ferrybank/sallypark in the mornings.

So you think there’s merit in building a new bridge as part of this development in order to alleviate the delays occurring In sallypark between 8.15-8.45 5 days a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Gavlor wrote: »
    So you think there’s merit in building a new bridge as part of this development in order to alleviate the delays occurring In sallypark between 8.15-8.45 5 days a week?

Again where did i say that? Does the new bridge need to be part of this development? Did i say that?? No i did not. You are being silly now.

Is there a secondary school on Ferrybank?

Yeah the abbey.

Again where did i say that? Does the new bridge need to be part of this development? Did i say that?? No i did not. You are being silly now.

Ok.

Quote: alta stare
    Wouldnt it be nice if we were talking about a vehicular bridge and not a pedestrian bridge. The traffic in the mornings and evenings is getting beyond bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Is there a secondary school on Ferrybank?

Yes, but a lot of Ferrybank kids still go to the likes of De La Salle et al.

• Advertisement

Ok.

Quote: alta stare
    Wouldnt it be nice if we were talking about a vehicular bridge and not a pedestrian bridge. The traffic in the mornings and evenings is getting beyond bonkers.

Where in that post did i explicitly say it should be a road bridge in the location you imagined i was referring to??

The issue here is that you didnt think you just typed. A bridge was mentioned and my reply was about a vehicle bridge but i never once suggested it should be in the location you are on about. You have clearly skimmed over what i typed without much thought.

Where in that post did i explicitly say it should be a road bridge in the location you imagined i was referring to??

The issue here is that you didnt think you just typed. A bridge was mentioned and my reply was about a vehicle bridge but i never once suggested it should be in the location you are on about. You have clearly skimmed over what i typed without much thought.

Sure there is a second bridge already if that’s the case. Why mention a vehicular bridge instead of a pedestrian bridge if you weren’t implying that it be placed in the same location?

Strange one but I apologise for upsetting you and misinterpreting your post.

Build a bridge

Sure there is a second bridge already if that’s the case. Why mention a vehicular bridge instead of a pedestrian bridge if you weren’t implying that it be placed in the same location?

Strange one but I apologise for upsetting you and misinterpreting your post.

Build a bridge

The second bridge as already mentioned by another poster is a bypass. The city badly needs another bridge to help alleviate traffic at peak times. If any city really wants to prosper they cant really do so with one bridge.

If this NQ development happens the traffic could potentially be worse at peak times. The pedestrian bridge is very welcome but a more pressing matter would be a vehicular bridge. In my post i merely said it would be great if we were talking about building vehicular bridges and not pedestrian. I never once said where it should be built.

No need to apologise for upsetting me as you didnt. I was only replying to what you had typed and what you typed was wrong in regard to what i had posted.

Build a bridge......i wish they would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The bridge as outlined is vehicular - for a bus.

The other proposed crossing is at Maypark/Ardkeen which is a recipe for chaos even if restricted to domestic vehicles.

The other proposed crossing is at Maypark/Ardkeen which is a recipe for chaos even if restricted to domestic vehicles.

For a shuttle bus yes. We need one for ourselves :D

At some point a new one is needed. I'm sure the planners and engineers will decided the best location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Another bridge is also pencilled in by the tower hotel.

The second bridge as already mentioned by another poster is a bypass. The city badly needs another bridge to help alleviate traffic at peak times. If any city really wants to prosper they cant really do so with one bridge.

If this NQ development happens the traffic could potentially be worse at peak times. The pedestrian bridge is very welcome but a more pressing matter would be a vehicular bridge. In my post i merely said it would be great if we were talking about building vehicular bridges and not pedestrian. I never once said where it should be built.

No need to apologise for upsetting me as you didnt. I was only replying to what you had typed and what you typed was wrong in regard to what i had posted.

Build a bridge......i wish they would.

I think it could actually alleviate some potential traffic by reducing the need for cars to actually come over the bridge. Obviously if you are passing through town then it won't help but if you are working in town, you could park at the NQs and just walk over the bridge. Additionally anyone that use to drive from Ferrybank would now actually be quiet close to town and would not have drive anymore.

Deiseen wrote: »
    I think it could actually alleviate some potential traffic by reducing the need for cars to actually come over the bridge. Obviously if you are passing through town then it won't help but if you are working in town, you could park at the NQs and just walk over the bridge. Additionally anyone that use to drive from Ferrybank would now actually be quiet close to town and would not have drive anymore.

I agree with what you are saying but id bet most people will still drive. Maybe in the summertime people will walk.

I think the pedestrian bridge is a welcome idea but i just can't see it helping in a significant manner regarding traffic. I drive across the bridge every morning and most of it is spent sitting in traffic. The ferrybank side is the worst. We badly need a second bridge.

Deiseen wrote: »
    Another bridge is also pencilled in by the tower hotel.

As the traffic would tip out onto the quay/Mall its hard to see the flow logic to that unless a loop is going to be created - ie cross to Ferrybank on Rice bridge, cross from Ferrybank at Tower with no right turn but only for cars and light commercial traffic.

Excuse the toytown graphics!

2SkdS.jpg

As the traffic would tip out onto the quay/Mall its hard to see the flow logic to that unless a loop is going to be created - ie cross to Ferrybank on Rice bridge, cross from Ferrybank at Tower with no right turn but only for cars and light commercial traffic.

2SkdS.jpg

Isnt there somewhere up further where it could be built. Not as far as maypark though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

2SkdS.jpg

Like they have in enniscorthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Last week 2 tenders relating to the NQs were published.

https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/supplier/publictenders

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Last week 2 tenders relating to the NQs were published.

https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/supplier/publictenders

The items in question
    147607 North Quays- CCTV survey North Quays Waterford- CCTV pipeline and manhole surveys on existing services in all areas of proposed North Quays development

147332 North Quays- Asbestos survey Waterford City and Public Infrastructure Project- North Quays- Precondition survey and asbestos survey

On a related topic
    https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase_frameset.asp?PID=143060&B=ETENDERS_SIMPLE&PS=1&PP=ctm/Supplier/publictenders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Will the bus depot be relocated or is that area even a part of the plans.
    Considering that the CC compulsory purchased properties behind the
    depot surely that area is part of the plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Will the bus depot be relocated or is that area even a part of the plans.
    Considering that the CC compulsory purchased properties behind the
    depot surely that area is part of the plans?

Bus Depo to relocate to railway station

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

Road-Hog wrote: »

Are you sure? I would have thought it would be better to move it out to a greenfield site somewhere. Bus depots should be in industrial areas not in city centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Teebor15 wrote: »
    Are you sure? I would have thought it would be better to move it out to a greenfield site somewhere. Bus depots should be in industrial areas not in city centres.

Bus station, not depot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Teebor15 wrote: »

What is will the current station car parks be used for once its moved. There will be no other development possible on current site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Come back when you're sober!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Come back when you're sober!

Sober now...bus Depo on south quay opposite Dooleys hotel to relocate to the to be redundant plunkett station....the existing bus station to be converted into a mixed use development comprising of a cafe, tourist info and greenway bike hire facility

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Mulbert

Sober now...bus Depo on south quay opposite Dooleys hotel to relocate to the to be redundant plunkett station....the existing bus station to be converted into a mixed use development comprising of a cafe, tourist info and greenway bike hire facility

First I heard of that. Where did u see that?Plunkett Station won't be redundant.

Max Powers wrote: »
    Bus station, not depot

Yes I know the Bus STATION is going into the North Quays development. But we are talking about the Bus DEPOT. Try and keep up!

That's not Bus depot, that's a Bus station. The Depot mentioned is where they store and maintain the buses in Ferrybank.

First I've heard of the bus station being moved. In fact I am sure that i specifically saw that it would remain where it is..

• Advertisement

Bloody hell is someone being deliberately obtuse? A bus depot is where buses rest and are maintained. Not queued for immediate use!

The ferrybank depot must be moving but I've not heard of any site I'd suggest the old foundry but only if it was somewhere else!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement