Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Bloody hell is someone being deliberately obtuse? A bus depot is where buses rest and are maintained. Not queued for immediate use!

The ferrybank depot must be moving but I've not heard of any site I'd suggest the old foundry but only if it was somewhere else!

I know the depot is going but its been said that the station is also moving to NQ which AFAIK is untrue

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Waterboy2014

Deiseen wrote: »
    I know the depot is going but its been said that the station is also moving to NQ which AFAIK is untrue

Yeah I had heard that Bus Depot was staying put. And that while there would be a new bus pick up/drop off point at the new Transport Hub that the actual bus station was not moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DubToDeise

AFAIK, it was mentioned very early that the transport hub would have bus stands for all operators - Bus Eireann, Dublin Coach, JJ Kavanagh, National Express etc. It's shocking that they have to park along the quay while there's never more than 3 stands in the bus station in use at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

DubToDeise wrote: »
    AFAIK, it was mentioned very early that the transport hub would have bus stands for all operators - Bus Eireann, Dublin Coach, JJ Kavanagh, National Express etc. It's shocking that they have to park along the quay while there's never more than 3 stands in the bus station in use at a time.

Sure the bus station on The Quay is Bus Eireann property, why would they let the competition use it?

Which is the issue. Moving to the council owned transport hub with stands for all operators is a better option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

DubToDeise wrote: »
    Which is the issue. Moving to the council owned transport hub with stands for all operators is a better option.

Can't see that happening and it won't!

Can't see that happening and it won't!

So what's the point in a transport hub that's not an actual hub? Maybe Rob can provide some clarity on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Post on TLC Lino Company FB page saying NQ investors flew into Waterford Airport to see the NQs today. Somebody link I am on mobile.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

39-B05-AB9-383-C-4508-90-D1-B5-FF97214416.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Aquos76 wrote: »
    39-B05-AB9-383-C-4508-90-D1-B5-FF97214416.jpg

Might be the last time the TLC limo company get a job off these guys.....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Might be the last time the TLC limo company get a job off these guys.....!

Yep agreed, whilst we all appreciate TLC for their enthusiasm and for "filling us in" I find it strange that they are blabbering all about what their clients were doing on boards.ie

It's fine saying this kind of stuff in person to people, hell even saying here "I heard from a source that blah blah blah happened" but to broadcast it from you own company's point of view is very unprofessional

Yep agreed, whilst we all appreciate TLC for their enthusiasm and for "filling us in" I find it strange that they are blabbering all about what their clients were doing on boards.ie

It's fine saying this kind of stuff in person to people, hell even saying here "I heard from a source that blah blah blah happened" but to broadcast it from you own company's point of view is very unprofessional

I'm sure it's all part of the PR Drive!

Go to their Facebook page and there is more ‘blathering’ about it. A couple pointing out how unprofessional it is but the company themselves are stating that they were not asked to sign a ‘non disclosure ageeement’ and therefore they took this as a license to ‘broadcast’ their visit......as you say one on one word of mouth is one thing but internet/social media is a whole different thing..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

6 and 8 year old cars are considered executive. Welcome to Waterford lads :D

Gardner wrote: »

Very good point. Didn’t pay much attention to the reg nos until you pointed it out. Surely someone at the airport could have directed them to some of the car need/Audi/BMW dealers who I’m sure would have been more than willing to provide 3/4 191’s.....

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭kilkenny31

Is work ready to start on the bridge? Thought I seen some construction equipment this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Gardner wrote: »

I would have thought 'executive' referred to class of car rather than age.

kilkenny31 wrote: »
    Is work ready to start on the bridge? Thought I seen some construction equipment this morning.

Hopefully but heard there'd been objections so there needs to be hearings

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭curmudgeonly

Very true, it's only in the UK and Ireland this number plate snobbery exists, in Germany the average age of a car is 9.2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,404 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Very true, it's only in the UK and Ireland this number plate snobbery exists, in Germany the average age of a car is 9.2 years.

banks just love us

• Advertisement

So a 40 year old merc/Audi/bmw of a particular/spec type would pass as ‘executive’.......?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

The car year number on the plate serves very little purpose other than to boost car sales. That was the reason for adding the 181 and 182 so you can tell exactly how new the car is.

Many of these well built cars still look great for years, for example Iikes of BMW hardly change style. Provided the car is well kept most people would have no idea if the car was 1 or 8 years old from the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

None of the cars would be considered as executive class models.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Who cares what year or class the cars were as long as they served their purpose and were fit for use?

Jesus, maybe we should ask the limo company if their driver wore Ray Bans or Oakleys...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

jelutong wrote: »
    None of the cars would be considered as executive class models.

An Audi A7 and a Merc CLS aren't executive?

Grand an XJ might be the executive Jag option but the Audi and Merc are fairly top end

The snobbery over reg plates is bewildering to me but as stated by the other poster who cares what car they came in

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭curmudgeonly

Back to the matter of the NQ's, had lunch with an old acquaintance who is involved in the planning process of same and moving at a rapid pace since january by all accounts, since receipt by the developers of a letter of comfort from the Gov re SDZ money.

Back to the matter of the NQ's, had lunch with an old acquaintance who is involved in the planning process of same and moving at a rapid pace since january by all accounts, since receipt by the developers of a letter of comfort from the Gov re SDZ money.

Is there a chance that negative sentiments expressed by one or all of the drivers of the executive cars could scupper the whole project. I’ve heard before that visiting billionaires who come to inspect the sites/locations previously selected by their minions can call a Hault or change their minds over very minor things so driver negativity or a religious joke by them could result in the curtains coming down on the whole project...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Is there a chance that negative sentiments expressed by one or all of the drivers of the executive cars could scupper the whole project. I’ve heard before that visiting billionaires who come to inspect the sites/locations previously selected by their minions can call a Hault or change their minds over very minor things so driver negativity or a religious joke by them could result in the curtains coming down on the whole project...?

FFS...if you're on such tender hooks about the whole thing then maybe it's better it does fail as that kinda pressure will do you no good. It's Friday..the sun is shining, its a beautiful day..go for a few pints and relax!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

I heard it rained the day they were here so the whole project is being canned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement