Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

914 wrote: »
    Harrington (can't remember the chaps first name, is it Niall?) was on WLR the other day and said the plans should be with the council (hopefully) by the end of July, 2 weeks time.

Before going to print they are ensuing everything is in order, also think he stated it would take 1-2 weeks to print all the documentation.

He also said in his eyes the North Quays is now done and thats why they are shifting their focus onto Kilbarry, all in all it sounded really positive

I know this thing is enormous but these dates keep slipping. End of June at latest, then start of July, then middle of July at the latest and now the end of July. I know it's easy to be a hurler on the ditch and maybe we are paying too much attention to the dates but I think we are all anxious to see this in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭914

Deiseen wrote: »
    I know this thing is enormous but these dates keep slipping. End of June at latest, then start of July, then middle of July at the latest and now the end of July. I know it's easy to be a hurler on the ditch and maybe we are paying too much attention to the dates but I think we are all anxious to see this in!

Agreed but at the same time. If they submitted them with errors or information missing it would probably mean further delays so taling their time and ensuring everything is spot on is the best approach.

I'll be happy once I see a crane on eithrr North Quays or Michael Street

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Deiseen wrote:

There was a meeting/presentation this morning with the key players of the project and our 3 local tds and jp phelan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

There was a meeting/presentation this morning with the key players of the project and our 3 local tds and jp phelan

Don't we have 4 local tds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not really! :D

• Advertisement

Don't we have 4 local tds?

We have 3 active ones and one who showed zero interest in the project

Any ides what it was for other than a presentation?

Deiseen wrote:
    Any ides what it was for other than a presentation?

I don't, maybe Rob might pop on some time and give an update

Just as proof something did happen (for the permanent sceptics)

https://twitter.com/davidcullinane/status/1148220603750637568

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

and also the permanent septic spinners of negativity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

:rolleyes: I'm sceptical, 200 days of sunshine, never going to happen!

We get 200 days of sunshine no bother, it;'s just that at least 100 of them also feature showers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

I don't, maybe Rob might pop on some time and give an update

his updates where worse than useless

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

robtri wrote: »

Harsh, looks like he has done more for this project than anyone else on this island. Do you want him to give out sensitive commercial information or something??

Where they now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

tbayers wrote: »
    Harsh, looks like he has done more for this project than anyone else on this island. Do you want him to give out sensitive commercial information or something??

To be fair Rob had no problem coming on here playing up to the usual people who frequent this forum as he seems to like having his ego stroked. He was also very quick to slate our government so im sure he would give out information if he wanted to. There were times on here when he acted in a not so professional manner which of course is a strange way for any successful businessman to conduct themselves and on a discussion forum of all places.

<Mod Snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭robcass78

Who are you?

Given there was only North Quays Directors & TD’s in the room, you weren’t there.

You might want to ask our TD’s of Waterford & Kilkenny that attended for over 90 minutes whether it was ‘useless’; if it was they’d have left, don’t you think?

It was great to get support, dig into the real quantum of benefits & jobs for NQ & Michael St & get their feedback.

robcass78 wrote: »
    Who are you?

Given there was only North Quays Directors & TD’s in the room, you weren’t there.

You might want to ask our TD’s of Waterford & Kilkenny that attended for over 90 minutes whether it was ‘useless’; if it was they’d have left, don’t you think?

It was great to get support, dig into the real quantum of benefits & jobs for NQ & Michael St & get their feedback.

Maybe he was referring to your updates on here.

The usual people who frequent this forum don't need him to play up as you call it. The majority of us want to see this project delivered . As for being quick to slate our government, it' was actually refreshing to see someone being forthright and honest about the challenges faced when dealing with government departments and nothing wrong with him stating that. It's very rare on a public forum about a massive private investment to have someone from the company to come on and give input to it . I don't know Rob at all but I certainly welcome him on this thread

alta stare wrote: »
    He reminds me of that chap over in the uk who was recently found out to have duped investors into the tune of millions. Eventually caught up with him.

You really do post some shi'te at times!

• Advertisement

The usual people who frequent this forum don't need him to play up as you call it. The majority of us want to see this project delivered . As for being quick to slate our government, it' was actually refreshing to see someone being forthright and honest about the challenges faced when dealing with government departments and nothing wrong with him stating that. It's very rare on a public forum about a massive private investment to have someone from the company to come on and give input to it . I don't know Rob at all but I certainly welcome him on this thread

They dont need him to play up but by god they do love it when he does.

We all want to see this project being delivered, we can still be critical of Rob or anyone associated with the project though so dont be making out some of us dont want to see it be built just because we dont fall on every word he posts.

Of course it is good to see people taking our government to task...but tell me how does that help by him doing it on Boards??? It doesnt, its unprofessional and all he is doing is playing up to some people on here.

I welcome Rob here aswell. I dont know the guy, I have nothing against him personally and his updates are always welcome... if only he would do so in a much more professional manner.

You really do post some shi'te at times!

Much like yourself Harry. Still though doesnt stop us doing it eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭robcass78

‘Alta’ firstly said I wasn’t real, then said I didn’t work for the company, then questioned using PR releases, then still questions why I both a) challenge why depts haven’t delivered 9bn for South east economy (90,000 jobs for Waterford and South East) and b) raise that matter, with recommended solutions, through South East Development Group and through TD’s to raise actions, as 90,000 jobs is far more important than North Quays & appearing to bow to non-acceptable delivery of results.

Being professional is working to deliver BOTH the underdelivery AND North Quays.

Come along to the public sessions I give and say to my face what you are implying.

I also look forward to hearing Alta’s solutions to the 90,000 jobs opportunity at the South East Development Group that I sit on to raise the opportunities as I get involved in fixing them.

‘Alta’ firstly said I wasn’t real, then said I didn’t work for the company, then questioned using PR releases, then still questions why I both a) challenge why depts haven’t delivered 9bn for South east economy (90,000 jobs for Waterford and South East) and b) raise that matter, with recommended solutions, through South East Development Group and through TD’s to raise actions, as 90,000 jobs is far more important than North Quays & appearing to bow to non-acceptable delivery of results.

Being professional is working to deliver BOTH the underdelivery AND North Quays.

Come along to the public sessions I give and say to my face what you are implying.

I also look forward to hearing your solutions to the 90,000 jobs opportunity at the South East Development Group.

Why do it on Boards Rob? By all means strut your stuff when in meetings with those who matter but why do it here? How is that professional. You came on here to give updates and some posters wet themselves and hung on your every word yet those who question you are almost ostracised for doing so. Its pretty pathetic to be honest.

You say your are being professional by delivering the NQ and i have no doubt that you are. Honestly i hope you are successful at it.

Say it to your face??? Have i hit a nerve??

90,000 jobs eh.....Right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

I also look forward to hearing Alta’s solutions to the 90,000 jobs opportunity at the South East Development Group that I sit on to raise the opportunities as I get involved in fixing them.

I hope the negativity in this thread doesn’t dissuade you from giving us updates in the future. Unfortunately empty vessels make the most noise, but the vast majority of people following this thread are passionate about this project and eager for updates and information.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Rob, I was at one of your presentations, and found it very informative. Maybe you could give details of upcoming sessions on this thread, so that we have the opportunity to come along and see where you’re at with it.

I think that in fairness to even the biggest cynics on here, they still want this to happen and wish you well. Like myself, they’ve probably seen a lot of false dawns, and will really only be able to relax when the thing is built.

Didn't you say he reminded you of the shadey guy from the UK? Pretty insulting to say the least!

alta stare wrote: »
    Much like yourself Harry. Still though doesnt stop us doing it eh.

The difference is that I don't stray into legally testing commentary about real people while having nothing to back it up.

Deiseen wrote: »
    Didn't you say he reminded you of the shadey guy from the UK? Pretty insulting to say the least!

I did. It wasnt to insult it was more tongue in cheek but ye all jump on it as par the course on Boards. Iv criticised him, iv questioned him, iv complemented him and all at various times throughout the thread yet people just see one single comment and go for it. Its pretty predictable hence why i said it.

Iv nothing personal against Rob and iv made that clear. I want to see this project happen and iv made that clear. I have no doubt Rob is being professional in his private/public meetings and yes iv made that clear so lets all get over ourselves here and stop the fake outrage before someone has a heart attack.

• Advertisement

The difference is that I don't stray into legally testing commentary about real people while having nothing to back it up.

Legally testing :D Jesus Harry have a day off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement