Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

vriesmays wrote: »
    The link is in the previous post, dope.

While it does indeed say what you quoted in the column from which you linked you must also realise those comments were that of the author of that column and not anyone from Falcon or the Government. Take it into context and it means nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

The link is in the previous post, dope.

So your linking to a column that's wrote by some anonymous person giving his personal opinion,in the news and star, a local paper in the city that you hate. Scrapping the barrell now quiet fella

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Falcon Real estate will pull the plug unless North Quay infrastructure funding is forthcoming by November 2019.

Rob Cass said as much in his presentation in Revolution back in May, and in a radio interview around the same time. This information has been out there for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Falcon Real estate will pull the plug unless North Quay infrastructure funding is forthcoming by November 2019.

First thing you've said on here thats actually true.

Next tranche of funding is due in October and Rob seems to have changed his stance on the funding since a number of meetings with TDs/Ministers. Sounds like he has been given assurances that it will get the funding it requires.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Pascal Donohoe (Minister for Finance) is in town today and visited the North Quays site. A big "Ireland 2040" sign has been put up, which surely must mean the end of any doubts that the infrastructure money will be forthcoming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

fricatus wrote: »
    Pascal Donohoe (Minister for Finance) is in town today and visited the North Quays site. A big "Ireland 2040" sign has been put up, which surely must mean the end of any doubts that the infrastructure money will be forthcoming.

That is a good sign :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

2040????? WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

2040????? WTF

It represents the National Planning Framework for 2040 which will allocate funds for projects such as this. It doesn't reflect on the timeline for the North Quays.

Well, not intentionally anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dexpat

Does sound promising but I've little doubt that this goverment would be happy to gave the council a few hundred euro to put up a sign saying 'Ireland 2040' to give the impression of movement in advance of an election.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

debok wrote: »
    So your linking to a column that's wrote by some anonymous person giving his personal opinion,in the news and star, a local paper in the city that you hate. Scrapping the barrell now quiet fella

Ah that's who he is. I know I recognised the posting style!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

These signs are all over the country. Millions are being spent on ads in every city town, hamlet and country crossroad to convince voters that there area is somehow strategically important and is getting priority investment.. it’s not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Other towns wouldn't demolish a 100-year old architecturally significant, flour mills for a pipe-dream development.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

My grandparents live in Waterford and I remember as a child always finding that mill so depressing looking when we drove past it on the way there.I honestly think it was the ugliest building in Waterford. Was so glad to see that its gone. What is its significance? just that its one of the earlier uses of concrete construction in Ireland? That is, if its actually 100 years old, I cant find any info about the building on Archiseek

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MoashoaM

wakka12 wrote: »
    My grandparents live in Waterford and I remember as a child always finding that mill so depressing looking when we drove past it on the way there.I honestly think it was the ugliest building in Waterford. Was so glad to see that its gone. What is its significance? just that its one of the earlier uses of concrete construction in Ireland? That is, if its actually 100 years old, I cant find any info about the building on Archiseek

Here yar
    http://buildingsofireland.ie/niah/search.jsp?type=record&county=WA&regno=22900908

I don't think it was a keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭914

. A big "Ireland 2040" sign has been put up, which surely must mean the end of any doubts that the infrastructure money will be forthcoming.

A bit like the sign that was placed in Waterford Airport in 2006 for the NDP (National Development Plan) where 27 million was promised by government for runway extension, widening and new terminal. Look how that turned out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Appears NTA wont fund train station move.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,404 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Jamie2k9 wrote:

Jesus, if this is true, will this jeprodise the whole project

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

The NTA seem to have kept themselves fairly free of political influence, which while it is potentially annoying in this scenario, is actually a good thing.

If they can't see value for money I don't think they'll do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭invara

hardybuck wrote: »
    The NTA seem to have kept themselves fairly free of political influence, which while it is potentially annoying in this scenario, is actually a good thing.

If they can't see value for money I don't think they'll do it.

Guessing it is more to do with whether it aligns to their strategy and key priorities. It certainly was not in their plans and so without political intervention, they are very unlikely to reach on this:
    https://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/NTA_Statement_of_Strategy_2018-2022_ENGLISH.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

It seems to be rather 'late in the day' for concerns like this to be raised.

Is there confirmation of this from anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then one snag after another if the above is true but Kilkenny have their beady eyes on us.

https://www.waterfordlive.ie/news/home/477795/kilkenny-watches-waterford-with-interest-for-any-sign-of-movement-on-north-quays.html

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Irishlad2014

Bridge granted planning

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Irishlad2014

Bridge granted planning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Two bridges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

One to the Clock Tower.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Lets stay on topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

That's great news about the bridge, definitely a big first step taken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Good news. Anyone hazard a guess when work on the new bridge could begin since the €6 million funding is supposed to already be in place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement