Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Gavlor wrote: »
    They should really be taxed on that. Let’s say 10% of the value back to central government coffers on an annual basis.

That’ll help the people of the south east and ensure that the system is fair and equitable for the man on the street.

Funny thing is - they'll basically be taxed more than that on the investment - VAT at 13.5% or 23%, employers PRSI at 10.75%, site levies, development levies, etc.
    Then rates payable to the Council in perpetuity afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

JohnC. wrote: »
    Is something starting with the Michael St. development? I notice that park area has been boarded up.

That's been up a while, not sure if anything is going on inside but the replacement carpark work is proceeding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

That's been up a while, not sure if anything is going on inside but the replacement carpark work is proceeding.

According to this weeks n&s it was boarded up to stop all the drug use going on in there and all the drug users have now moved to the walkway between poleberry and ursuline court as a result

The garden project was a very nice job but we can't have nice things can we? :( They should put a cultivated green area in that new centre assuming it goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

According to this weeks n&s it was boarded up to stop all the drug use going on in there and all the drug users have now moved to the walkway between poleberry and ursuline court as a result

Move them to the North Quays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

There was a Twitter exchange between Rob Cass and Darren Skelton last night.

Rob was delighted to hear Eoghan Murphy reiterate in the Dail that the government is fully behind the North Quays.

Rob expects the planning application submitted in 2-3 weeks. Not happy with the delay, but accepts it.

Darren doesn't expect announcements on government funding until January.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

gscully wrote: »

Rob was delighted to hear Eoghan Murphy reiterate in the Dail that the government is fully behind the North Quays.

Rob expects the planning application submitted in 2-3 weeks. Not happy with the delay, but accepts it.

There’s two lads that love the sound of an echo!

Hopefully Rob is on the money and the planning application goes in shortly. I would imagine that it would put the necessary pressure on the relevant govt departments to address the funding issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

Gavlor wrote: »
    There’s two lads that love the sound of an echo!

Hopefully Rob is on the money and the planning application goes in shortly. I would imagine that it would put the necessary pressure on the relevant govt departments to address the funding issues.

said it before and i will say it again, Skelton is an absolute idiot. some of the sensationist ****e he sprouts in unreal. thinks he is an absolute hero on Twitter.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Why is he a gob****e, is it because he has constantly called John Halligan out for his failings in Waterford, and we all know you are one of halligans followers.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Why is he a gob****e, is it because he has constantly called John Halligan out for his failings in Waterford, and we all know you are one of halligans followers.

gwan tell us John's failings.... you ok big bro?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Gardner wrote: »

I’ve never hid the fact that Darren is my brother, unlike you who has never publicly admitted to being one of ‘Halligan’s men’ and hence your dislike to Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

What kind of sensationalist stuff does he tweet? Can you show us some examples.

Also, I could give you many of John's failings as could probably every other Boards member. You may work for him or are related to him but you surely must know he's the worst representative we've ever had?

DLS_75 wrote: »
    What kind of sensationalist stuff does he tweet? Can you show us some examples.

Also, I could give you many of John's failings as could probably every other Boards member. You may work for him or are related to him but you surely must know he's the worst representative we've ever had?

Did you consult with God or Matt Shanahan before you wrote that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

gscully wrote: »

cass is a bit of a spoofer i would say , he got destroyed giving out misinformation , by irish rail on twitter last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

kayevajo wrote: »
    cass is a bit of a spoofer i would say , he got destroyed giving out misinformation , by irish rail on twitter last week.

link??

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

Did you consult with God or Matt Shanahan before you wrote that ?

You're not well. You're talking about people - no, you're publicly abusing people while hiding behind a mask of anonymity. That's cowardice in the extreme.

You don't like me cause I think Matt Shanahan is a better politician than John Halligan will ever be. And I have no idea who God is supposed to be.

Why don't you just come out and admit your relationship with John Halligan...we'd all respect you a bit more than.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

said it before and i will say it again, Skelton is an absolute idiot. some of the sensationist ****e he sprouts in unreal. thinks he is an absolute hero on Twitter.

I think he's decent and we are lucky to have him locally.

Any example of sensationalist headlines?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Deiseen wrote: »

https://waterford-news.ie/2019/09/25/uhws-ed-is-like-a-war-zone/

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Irishlad2014

This is getting a bit off topic, personally I avoid the news and star (make of that what you will), the only way to make a real difference is to throw your hat in the ring at election time.

Deiseen wrote: »

vriesmays wrote: »
    A nurse just finishing her shift, gave a quick and anonymous comment.

“There are usually two more trolleys here beside those green doors,” she said. “One of the patients has been here since I finished my shift yesterday. There is no respect and no dignity for these patients but they just accept it because it’s the norm now. What’s going to change? Nothing. We work in a war zone now.

and the sub ed writes the headline and photo captions not the journalist.

(I am not related to Skelton or know anyone from the N&S!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭curmudgeonly

gwan tell us John's failings.... you ok big bro?[/QUOTEcan I have a crack at that one?
    It would be a long post.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

tonc76 wrote: »
    kayevajo wrote: »

link??

I think this is what he's talking about:

Personally the tweet sounds as if it'll be a 60 minute service to Dublin, where as Irish Rail reply is it hopes to have an hourly depature schedule like Cork.

The whole line would need to be dual tracked as well as needing realignment in areas to accommodate a 60 minute service, plus the fact 100mph(160km/h) is the top speed currently a train is allowed to travel at on the network.

Only caught this in one ear but sounds like the Dept of Transport/Irish Rail are not going to fund moving the train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,404 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Only caught this in one ear but sounds like the Dept of Transport/Irish Rail are not going to fund moving the train station.

jaysis, that dont sound good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,174 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

They have confirmed as much yep, big surprise to us all I'm sure.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Well Irish Rail were never going to pay it was always NTA or Dep of Transport. I guess we will fund out this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Well Irish Rail were never going to pay it was always NTA or Dep of Transport. I guess we will fund out this month.

You'll see on next Tuesday what's available for D/Transport to work with generally.

You'll probably see closer to year end what that means for the likes of the NTA et al who are under their remit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Interesting article on how the Guggenheim Museum and all the associated urban renewal initiates transformed Bilbao; https://www.greeneuropeanjournal.eu/the-guggenheim-effect-pride-and-prejudices/
    The key to it's success was the once in a blue moon alignment of city, regional & national government together with private sector investment and heavy local input. All their ducks were lined up in a row. Everyone in the region wanted it done, every arm of the federal government bought into it.
    We are so far from that scenario, t'would make you weep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

I thought it was an opportunity to create a multi-modal transport interchange?

Isn't that the job of Government; who else would make sure, for example, the bus meets the train with through ticketing etc.?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement