Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€300M Investment into Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Bards wrote: »
    Rob, will planning go in next week?

I think alarm bells will start ringing if not.

Rob is also the first to criticise others on twitter, so will be very interesting to see how he reacts if it hasn't gone in.

When was planning originally supposed to go in? March?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

Deiseen wrote: »
    I think alarm bells will start ringing if not.

Rob is also the first to criticise others on twitter, so will be very interesting to see how he reacts if it hasn't gone in.

When was planning originally supposed to go in? March?
    Meant to have gone in by end of July originally and cranes on site by now

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dexpat

Bards wrote: »
    Meant to have gone in by end of July originally and cranes on site by now

In fairness it probably would have been in and a start made, if the funding commitments from government had come through. There seems to be movement now though, so if planning doesn't go in soon you'd have to wonder if it will ever happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

So...3 days to go...will planning be submitted...call it? I'm going to say no.

Btw this is not a "Being positive/negative" post...just a game! :)

So whats your call?

Teebor15 wrote: »

So whats your call?

I'd say no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭914

So whats your call?

I would say no at this stage, which will be disappointing and for the first time in this process, the doubt of it happening is beginning to kick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,399 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

im gonna go with a yes

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    im gonna go with a yes

Do you know something we don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I think we need Rob here to calm the horses!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

Deiseen wrote: »

No they don’t and the answer is no.

This project was never going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thanks for that Motivator !

Dunno, you'd have expected the rumour mill to have kicked in if it wasn't going to happen.

Thanks for that Motivator !

Dunno, you'd have expected the rumour mill to have kicked in if it wasn't going to happen.

Not sure if you are aware Harry but the rumour mill has kicked in so much that the mill has actually exploded.

Credible rumours, not pub talk

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

So whats your call?

I will say Yes to that, but am not sure about making the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

Credible rumours, not pub talk

What clear evidence has there been to convince people that this will happen? Sweet FA if you ask me. The council puppets have gone very quiet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,399 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Deiseen wrote:

Absolutely not, I know feck all about it

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

Darren s from the news and star was on WLR this morning. Said that it would be fair to give Falcon til the end of the month but then it was time to put up or shut up. Said there were a lot of rumours going around at the moment. Also mentioned the Milan development that they were associated with but never materialised

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Don't see why they would have said they would submit the planning application by the end of November unless they were going to. They could have just said in the comming months or something opened ended if they were not sure. I'd give it until the 6th Dec before I'd read anything into it.

If it didn't happen it'll blow a massive hole in the Gubberments 2040 plan for the southeast, if you look back at that, everything assumes the NQP will go ahead and so save them having to spend much in the region.

Just because it doesn’t happen with them doesn’t mean it won’t happen at all

• Advertisement

It does.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭E38E3E38E3EE33

Case closed, North Quays is not happening lads, people on the internet said so.

Perhaps we could now turn to complaining and cursing any enthusiasm for the remainder of this thread?

It does.

Why do you say that? That makes no sense at all.

Who else is going to come in and spend 350m euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Does it really need the €350m all or nothing approach?

I read somewhere during the summer that were a number of people who were waiting in the wings in case falcon pulled out. It’s an SDZ, which apparently is quite sought after.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

I'm going for YES!! Power of positive thinking and all that.
    Even if it's late, I still believe it will go ahead, too much preparatory work done already by the city council; bridge PP, road widening at Brown's Lane etc.
    He said hopefully, whilst crossing fingers, toes and other appendages.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Speaking of Brown's Lane, anyone know what's the hold up on it.

The original intention was for it to be done and dusted by the August bank holiday. It's now November and it doesn't look like they'll be done by the end of the year either.

It's a 100 yard stretch of road, the New Ross bypass a much more complex and difficult job will be open before it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

skodacb wrote: »

The original intention was for it to be done and dusted by the August bank holiday. It's now November and it doesn't look like they'll be done by the end of the year either.

It's a 100 yard stretch of road, the New Ross bypass a much more complex and difficult job will be open before it.

All public construction work in Waterford is under-resourced. This draws the process out giving the impression that 'something is always happening'. Other examples are the works around Arundel Sq and of course the Quays which went on for years and years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

skodacb wrote: »

Was wondering the same myself seems to be taking an age,but in the papers this week it says it will be January now,the great wall of china was built quicker!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement