Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To buy or not to buy

Options
  • 21-03-2017 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Quick question that I'm hoping somebody can help me out with. I'm due a birthday present off Mrs wicky9 and was thinking of getting a Sportful Fiandre Light no rain vest. I have a long sleeve Gabba so don't have a need for the long sleeve version, thought the best might be a great addition to the back pocket for the spring/autumn and let's face it most summer spins!

Anyone have any opinions?

Is the only difference between the best and the SS option just the short sleeves or is there a different material?

Also, I'm a size medium in the sportfuk club fit jersey and gilet.... Presumably i can go medium for this too?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I have one, but I've never actually worn it beyond trying it on.

It is very light and thin though. I'd trust it's very breathable and decent at keeping wind off. I'd also trust it's good for light showers. Might try it in the next few weeks.

I went a size down than from my normal castelli stuff, and it is quite snug so you'd probably be fine if sticking with your usual size.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭wicky9

Thanks Weepsie. Think I'll give herself the go ahead!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Just to update. Actually worse this today instead of a gilet as I thought it was to be cooler than it was. It can pack up pretty small, though I'd a load of crap in my pockets. It was great at keeping me warm and the wind off earlier, and I probably could have taken off the arm warmers, or brought much lighter ones.

Advertisement