Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing Co-Op Online With a Guest/non-PSN Account

Options
  • 21-03-2017 10:06am

So I have a PS+ account, set as primary on my console. My wife has a local account only, which she mostly uses to play Diablo III (always local, either single player or co-op).

Now she's interested in trying online, to see what a 4 player setup would be like.

I've played online on my account, no problems. But when we try to play online together, it seems we are unable to, because she has a "guest" account. I had assumed that my PS+ would "carry her". (I think Xbox has this feature.)

So the obvious answer is to set up a PSN account for her. But my question is, will a standard (non PS+) account be enough for her to play online? And is it enough that the primary account (my account) has PS+, so that she can play online (either solo or via co-op with me)?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Wilfinity wrote: »
    So I have a PS+ account, set as primary on my console. My wife has a local account only, which she mostly uses to play Diablo III (always local, either single player or co-op).

Now she's interested in trying online, to see what a 4 player setup would be like.

I've played online on my account, no problems. But when we try to play online together, it seems we are unable to, because she has a "guest" account. I had assumed that my PS+ would "carry her". (I think Xbox has this feature.)

So the obvious answer is to set up a PSN account for her. But my question is, will a standard (non PS+) account be enough for her to play online? And is it enough that the primary account (my account) has PS+, so that she can play online (either solo or via co-op with me)?

Yes.
    I can play online on my non PS+ account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yes once you have plus on your account and have your console set to primary then you dont need plus on her account to play online.

Advertisement