Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS "customer service"

• 21-03-2017 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

We closed our account in November after paying mortgage with them for over 10 years. They earned thousands off us on interest etc.
    We paid on time and were decent customers.
    I requested the annual mortgage statement from them in January. They can't get them manually, they've to wait for the automatic ones to be sent out for open accounts first, then request the manual ones.
    So I requested them. A few weeks later, same thing again.
    Today I was told that each manual request takes 4 to 6 weeks to process.
    Are they for real? How ridiculous is that?!! I know they don't have to do anything for me now that I'm no longer a customer, but seriously, 4 to 6 weeks?!!!
    Appalling service. I work in finance so I know that this is not the norm.
    Where can I lodge a formal complaint to someone who'll actually react?!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

MastiffMrs wrote: »
    I work in finance so I know that this is not the norm.
    Where can I lodge a formal complaint to someone who'll actually react?!!!

The financial ombudsman :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalimah

We've been with EBS for 15 years - small mortgage nearly paid off. A year or two ago I needed an up to date statement for a credit union loan, and they told me they couldn't print off one for me in the branch. After a bit of an argument on my part they printed it. To avoid the same thing happening in the future, I ended up registering for their very limited online access, and now print off a statement if I need one.
    They can print one for you - they just don't want to do it. I worked in finance myself and absolutely nothing took 4 to 6 weeks to sort.
    When I'm finished with EBS in 2018 I don't think I'll be giving them much business. Credit Union all the way!

Advertisement