Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TESCO Galway closed @ 21.00 on sunday night?

• 28-11-2004 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi

TESCO Galway closed @ 21.00 on sunday night? WTF i thought its meant to be 24 hours? Wanted to get me spuds and beans.....AH well....

Have they given up on the 24 hour idea??? If so they should have put up a few notices as there was nothing on the windows and the doors were locked and not a sinner in sight

Any ideas anyone???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

24/5 and not 24/7. :)
    closes 10pm on saturday nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thats the same as the 24h Tesco in Wilton, Cork. Its a pity really as the only time I'd have use for a 24h shop is at the weekend when they all seem to close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Is this 24 hour thing long term or just for the run up to christmas? Could be handy for late night booze...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Tesco Wilton has been doing it since they opened, which I guess is about a year? And supermarkets are subject to the licencing laws like everyone else, they don't serve alcohol after hours.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Hi

TESCO Galway closed @ 21.00 on sunday night? WTF i thought its meant to be 24 hours? Wanted to get me spuds and beans.....AH well....

Have they given up on the 24 hour idea??? If so they should have put up a few notices as there was nothing on the windows and the doors were locked and not a sinner in sight

Any ideas anyone???

same here
    Newbridge closed at 7pm tonight as usual

despite a rumour that they would be going 24/7 instead of 24/5 in the run up to Christmas

had to go to the chipper for my dinner :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I reckon they will start going 24/7 eventually but its a new thing here so give it time to catch on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Tesco, Ennis is the same. 24/5 not 24/7. It's probably because people with a few drinkie poos in them on a Sat/Sun night could get a brainwave and decide to go to tesco for more booze that it closes earlier those nights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They won't go 24/7 - even the 24 Hour stores in the UK don't open 24/7 - Sunday will always see them close earlier. I'd imagine it's something to do with licensing laws.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Why would the licencing laws only effect them on Saturday and Sunday?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

dahamsta wrote:
    And supermarkets are subject to the licencing laws like everyone else, they don't serve alcohol after hours.

adam

True, I popped in to the Galway on thursday night (well, 1:30 friday morning), and the whole alcohol aisle was blocked up with fences and cordons.

It was all very depressing, really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Why would the licencing laws only effect them on Saturday and Sunday?

I don't know, that's why I imagined it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

now if only Tescos down the road from me would go 24 hours that would be great, working till midnight some weeks is a pain in the arse and Ardkeen is too far on a bicycle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Tesco is open 24 hours on a Sunday in Galway. It's just that some of the hours run concurrently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The vast majority (if not all) of Tesco stores close on Sunday night. The other one I've used is Maynooth which is 24/6 closing Sunday at 19.00 and reopening Monday at 08.00.

As far as I know the 24/5 opening in Galway is permenant. As far as I remember they have run 24 hour opening at Christmas in the past.

Advertisement