Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hikvision CCTV installation

Options
  • 21-03-2017 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

I recently bought a Hikvision CCTV system - a DVR and 4 dome cameras (DS-2CE56D7T-IT3). I would like to install the cameras on the walls of my house, and I have come across 4 possible wall mounts for these cameras:

DS-1272ZJ-110 - standard version
    DS-1272ZJ-110B - with junction box
    DS-1272ZJ-110-TRS - with gang /tool box

Can anyone who has had any experience with any of the above offer advice as to which one I'll need? I'm assuming that the standard one won't have enough room for any connectors, but I'm not sure which of the other 2 would suit. The 110B is about 50% more expensive than the TRS and much bulkier. I'd prefer to get the TRS if it has enough space for the connectors. Any ideas as to what the difference between the junction box and gang box is?

I also have HD-CVI/TV/AHD Balun pairs for each camera, but not sure if I need them or why I would need them. Are these installed at the camera end, DVR end, or both? If I need them and they are at the camera end, I guess I'll need the bulkier box.

I've attached a photo of where I'll be mounting one of the cameras. All feedback is welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Eireann81 wrote: »
    I recently bought a Hikvision CCTV system - a DVR and 4 dome cameras (DS-2CE56D7T-IT3). I would like to install the cameras on the walls of my house, and I have come across 4 possible wall mounts for these cameras:

DS-1272ZJ-110 - standard version
    DS-1272ZJ-110B - with junction box
    DS-1272ZJ-110-TRS - with gang /tool box

Can anyone who has had any experience with any of the above offer advice as to which one I'll need? I'm assuming that the standard one won't have enough room for any connectors, but I'm not sure which of the other 2 would suit. The 110B is about 50% more expensive than the TRS and much bulkier. I'd prefer to get the TRS if it has enough space for the connectors. Any ideas as to what the difference between the junction box and gang box is?

I also have HD-CVI/TV/AHD Balun pairs for each camera, but not sure if I need them or why I would need them. Are these installed at the camera end, DVR end, or both? If I need them and they are at the camera end, I guess I'll need the bulkier box.

I've attached a photo of where I'll be mounting one of the cameras. All feedback is welcome. Thanks

It looks like you have coax going to the cameras and a power cable also.
    Baluns wont be needed.
    Did you not buy the base plates with the cameras to make sure you got the right ones? Loads of different types available.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

altor wrote: »
    It looks like you have coax going to the cameras and a power cable also.
    Baluns wont be needed.
    Did you not buy the base plates with the cameras to make sure you got the right ones? Loads of different types available.

Many thanks for the reply - yes, I have coax and power to each corner of the house. That's good to know that I won't need the baluns - they seem to be for Cat5 only.

I bought the whole system from a guy who never got to install it as he moved. I'm going to order 2 wall mounts with junction boxes to play it safe - if the junction boxes are not needed, I'll order 2 of the standard ones for the front of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Citroen2cv

Can you mount the cameras (vertically) straight to the wall? And turn the image 90 degrees in the viewing devices?

Citroen2cv wrote: »
    Can you mount the cameras (vertically) straight to the wall? And turn the image 90 degrees in the viewing devices?

I had considered that - mounting them directly to a junction box on the wall and then flipping the image 90 degrees, but when I'd need a junction box to hide the wiring/connectors anyway, I think I'm better off going with a purpose-built mount. I just don't know if there's enough space in one of the mounts without a junction box to conceal the connectors, so I'll order the one with a box to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

One of these may do the trick...

http://www.deltacctv.co.uk/brackets/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Eireann81 wrote: »
    Many thanks for the reply - yes, I have coax and power to each corner of the house. That's good to know that I won't need the baluns - they seem to be for Cat5 only.

I bought the whole system from a guy who never got to install it as he moved. I'm going to order 2 wall mounts with junction boxes to play it safe - if the junction boxes are not needed, I'll order 2 of the standard ones for the front of the house.

The bases look a lot neater than the ones you have linked too.
    You could also use a junction for connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

There are bases spefically made for those cameras Nice and neat and plenty of space for the connections. The swan necks you linked to are good aswell. Easy to install and room for the connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Is it a bungalow ? If so could you not put camera directly onto soffit and do connections above ? All hidden and dry . You would need to take off soffit and put proper grounds in but it would be by far the neatest alternative

Thanks for all the replies. I've played it safe and ordered two of the mounts with the junction boxes. If they are what I need, I'll order two more. Otherwise, I'll return them and order the other ones without the junction boxes.

It's not a bungalow, and the wires are already in place - see pic in first post.

It'll be next week before they're delivered - I'll post pics when installed.

Advertisement