Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question on type 1 ESB Network

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

goz83 wrote: »
    So, technically, the battery lease remains with the original lessee and the owner of the car is not responsible for the lease of the battery. That said, the leasing company still has the right to recover the battery, but these costs would only be recoverable from the name on the lease. Interesting situation.

well therefore an original leaser of the battery would be very stupid to allow a leased battery to be transferred to another owner , not only is it fraud , but the original lease holder would be liable for all costs and interest etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

BoatMad wrote: »
    well therefore an original leaser of the battery would be very stupid to allow a leased battery to be transferred to another owner , not only is it fraud , but the original lease holder would be liable for all costs and interest etc

Yes, they would be very stupid, but the battery lease itself is not being transferred, because the lessee does not have the contractual right to transfer/sell the battery.....and so only the car is being sold, while ownership of the battery remains with the finance company. The new vehicle owner is taking a risk if the finance company wish to recover the battery.

Yes, they would be very stupid, but the battery lease itself is not being transferred, because the lessee does not have the contractual right to transfer/sell the battery.....and so only the car is being sold, while ownership of the battery remains with the finance company. The new vehicle owner is taking a risk if the finance company wish to recover the battery.

indeed, I think this debate is rather academic , the situation where a seller would knowingly transfer a battery lease contary to the provisions of the battery lease would be vanishing small.

What is the normal process for a private seller who is selling a battery leased EV? Let's say I pop over to the UK to buy a Fluence, hand over the cash and walk away with the V5C......what next? Hypothetically speaking....as I would never buy a bev fluence :pac:

What is the normal process for a private seller who is selling a battery leased EV? Let's say I pop over to the UK to buy a Fluence, hand over the cash and walk away with the V5C......what next? Hypothetically speaking....as I would never buy a bev fluence :pac:

i dont think reality you can take the battery with you !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

You get the details of the car from the seller and sign a new lease. Since it's for export the finance company is supposed to approve the sale first and notify the seller before they can complete the sale.

How they were doing it was a form the seller & buyer used to fill out.... and the seller would send off after signing over the car.... that system didn't work well for obvious reasons... buyers saying they'd send off the form and not doing it, buyers filling incorrect or false details etc. etc. etc. etc...

It seems like a pretty horrible lease to be tied to. What if you can't sell the car (or transfer the lease).....lets say, if you lose your job? Would be silly to buy a 5+ year old car with a battery lease, as you'd never sell it on and then be stuck to paying the lease the whole time? untenable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

It seems like a pretty horrible lease to be tied to. What if you can't sell the car (or transfer the lease).....lets say, if you lose your job? Would be silly to buy a 5+ year old car with a battery lease, as you'd never sell it on and then be stuck to paying the lease the whole time? untenable.

Pretty much... there are stories of people who were moving to a different country and couldn't get rid of the vehicle.... even even people offering to sell the whole car to the finance company for €1/£1.

cros13 wrote: »
    You get the details of the car from the seller and sign a new lease. Since it's for export the finance company is supposed to approve the sale first and notify the seller before they can complete the sale.

How they were doing it was a form the seller & buyer used to fill out.... and the seller would send off after signing over the car.... that system didn't work well for obvious reasons... buyers saying they'd send off the form and not doing it, buyers filling incorrect or false details etc. etc. etc. etc...

renault battery lease contains the following

"As we own the Battery, you must respect our rights of ownership and you must not:
    claim ownership yourself;
    sell the Battery or try to sell it;
    sub-hire or otherwise allow any other person to obtain any rights over the Battery; pledge the Battery or use it as security or allow any lien to be exercised over it; dispose of the Battery."

end of story

I looked over the agreement. They fail to mention that their choice to alter the payment amounts allows the lessee to exit the agreement inside of 30 days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement