Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase broadband speeds; lack of response.

Options
  • 21-03-2017 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

I had Eir's Fiber broadband installed a few weeks ago.
    During installation the engineer told em that there was 40Mbps available but that about 50% was allocated to the Eir TV service and that I should ask Eir's tech support to increase my actual broadband speed as I am only getting 17Mbps at best.

I have been on to their online support twice now, explained the whole thing and twice have been promised that they had boosted the speed and that this would take 4-6 hours to come into effect.
    None of this has been true and I am still only getting 16Mbps.

Wondering if they can't boost the speed but won't tell me if if I am just being spun a line.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

mayhem# wrote: »
    I had Eir's Fiber broadband installed a few weeks ago.
    During installation the engineer told em that there was 40Mbps available but that about 50% was allocated to the Eir TV service and that I should ask Eir's tech support to increase my actual broadband speed as I am only getting 17Mbps at best.

I have been on to their online support twice now, explained the whole thing and twice have been promised that they had boosted the speed and that this would take 4-6 hours to come into effect.
    None of this has been true and I am still only getting 16Mbps.

Wondering if they can't boost the speed but won't tell me if if I am just being spun a line.
    Hi mayham#

Thank you for getting in touch with us today. I'm really sorry to hear you are experiencing issue's with your eir Vision connection.

Sometimes this can take slightly longer for this to take affect. Can you please PM me your full name and account number so I can have a further look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Leanne.

Advertisement