Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking for courthouse Washington street

Options
  • 21-03-2017 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all, would appreciate advice on best place to park close to the Courthouse in Cork. Should say that I am possibly the worlds worst Parker so somewhere where it wouldn't be too tight for parking would be great! Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

I'd say you'd be best to park in either the Q Park multistory near the Lee Hotel and walk in or, one of the carparks on Grand Parade.

The Q park there is very expensive though.

There's a surface carparks on Grand Parade too on the opposite side but I'm not sure about pricing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

I believe you're allowed park on the footpaths outside the courthouse. Or maybe just if you're a judge, lawyer or police...

Seriously though, the Courthouse is in the city centre. So park anywhere in the city centre and you won't be too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

kcb wrote: »
    I believe you're allowed park on the footpaths outside the courthouse. Or maybe just if you're a judge, lawyer or police...

:D yeah, sure, park there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Q Park multistory near the Lee Hotel and walk in or, one of the carparks on Grand Parade.

The Q park there is very expensive though.

isn't it free parking if you're a customer of the hotel/restaurant? so my friend's mother parks there for a few hours then gets a coffee in the hotel bar. note this is from a friend's mother, could be BS!

i myself always find parking on Little Hannover Street beside Holy Smoke/Mardyke though it can be a bit tight with parallel parking and cars waiting behind ya

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

kcb wrote: »

I was about to post the exact same thing.
    Drives me mad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

isn't it free parking if you're a customer of the hotel/restaurant? so my friend's mother parks there for a few hours then gets a coffee in the hotel bar. note this is from a friend's mother, could be BS!

i myself always find parking on Little Hannover Street beside Holy Smoke/Mardyke though it can be a bit tight with parallel parking and cars waiting behind ya

If you eat upstairs in soho they will validate your ticket. Doesnt work in the bar downstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Gemma1982 wrote: »
    Hi all, would appreciate advice on best place to park close to the Courthouse in Cork. Should say that I am possibly the worlds worst Parker so somewhere where it wouldn't be too tight for parking would be great! Thanks

There's St Finbarrs car park on Wandesford Quay about ten mins walk max

Advertisement