Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio Slab's/Ground Cover

Options
  • 21-03-2017 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi All,

i've a 45sqm patio area were getting walled and hopefully re-surfaced.

Have the wall sorted(we think).
    Now trying to source the materials for the ground.

I don't have a massive budget and i want something plain (no circle designs etc), grey in color, modern, not too textured if possible.

Can anyone recommend something that doesn't cost the earth.
    I'm ok with non natural stone or concrete molded slabs, i'm just not sure what i should be looking for, or where for that matter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

Try their websites
    Kilsaran concrete
    Roadstone
    Tobermore.
    Sometimes these concrete type slabs are much the same cost as natural stone. Reduce the m2 of paving by putting in planting areas.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Thanks for that.
    Like the Kilsaran website.

Is there a difference between slabs and flags? Or what exactly is a flag? Is that just another world for a slab?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

guideanna wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    Like the Kilsaran website.

Is there a difference between slabs and flags? Or what exactly is a flag? Is that just another world for a slab?
    Pretty much.
    Flag might insinuate it big and looks old.
    Also look here
    naturalstoneyard.ie
    And when putting it in remember to cater for falls to allow rainfall to running off.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Generally flags are natural stone, e.g. Liscannor Flags. Paving slabs are more likely to be man made, i.e. concrete.

Advertisement