Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britton Insurance Hidden fees

• 21-03-2017 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Quick question I bought insurance policy with credit card, i cancelled policy with Britton Insurance Brokers, within my 14 day cooling off period they are charging €70 brokerage fee. i dont mind that but now because i paid credit card they wont refund my credit card fees. where do i stand?
    onbudsperson ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,079 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do they have an admin charge listed in the terms and conditions?
    "If you change your mind after switching, your insurer must provide a 14 day cooling-off period from the start of a non-life insurance contract, during which time you may cancel and get a full refund, less administration charges (where applicable). Administration charges should be set out in the insurance company's terms of business which should be given to you before any product or service is provided.

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/reviewing-car-insurance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,079 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like they are covered...
    Scale of Fees

The following is the scale of fees that are applied to the various types of business we transact. Motor, both private and small commercial, up to €75 or 5% or the premium, whichever is the higher, midterm adjustments/cancellation up to €35 or 5% whichever is the higher. House up to €50 or 5% whichever is the higher, midterm adjustments/cancellation up to €25 or 5% whichever is the higher. Commercial, up to €150 or 7.5% of the premium whichever is higher, midterm adjustments/cancellation up to €150 or 7.5% of the premium whichever is higher.

We reserve the right to amend these fees should the complexity of the product require a higher fee. We will confirm and agree this fee with you prior to any increased charge being applied.
    A fee of €25 will be charged for all duplicate documentation.
    A fee of €25 will be charged for driving experience letters.
    Policies paid by direct debit are subject to a minimum fee of €40.
    Our Brokerage Fee is payable within the Cooling Off Period.

http://www.brittoninsurance.ie/terms.html

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Why did you cancel? That might come back to haunt you OP.

Advertisement