Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trailer test in an automatic

Options
  • 21-03-2017 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi all, I have a question about the trailer test. I passed my B and W licence 4 years ago in a manual. If I do my BE test in an automatic jeep will I be licenced to tow in a manual jeep or will my towing licence only be valid in an automatic vehicle? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Hi all, I have a question about the trailer test. I passed my B and W licence 4 years ago in a manual. If I do my BE test in an automatic jeep will I be licenced to tow in a manual jeep or will my towing licence only be valid in an automatic vehicle? Thanks.

Thats a good question!
    I would presume that your B licence takes priority...i.e. after passing the BE test, you could use a manual or auto car / jeep when towing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Silvera wrote: »
    Thats a good question!
    I would presume that your B licence takes priority...i.e. after passing the BE test, you could use a manual or auto car / jeep when towing.

I'm afraid not, my mate. The '78' restriction notation would appear next to the BE category (only).

Advertisement