Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 510

Options
  • 21-03-2017 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I bought a garmin 510 about 18 months ago but for the past 10 months I can't get the unit to upload via Bluetooth. I whole purpose in purchasing this unit was for me to upload with ease . I spent almost €400 on this unit .
    I bought an old garmin 305 for €60 before the 510 and if I knew I was going to be connecting to a laptop again to upload i would not have wasted my money .
    Anyone any thoughts on how to get the garmin 510 to upload that had a similar problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

You're in the wrong forum for asking questions should be here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=410 but is the 510 just not connecting with the phone? Have you tried unpairing the garmin to the phone and reconnecting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EoRFxaF7b0

Your Garmin may also need an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Focus66 wrote: »
    I bought a garmin 510 about 18 months ago but for the past 10 months I can't get the unit to upload via Bluetooth. I whole purpose in purchasing this unit was for me to upload with ease . I spent almost €400 on this unit .
    I bought an old garmin 305 for €60 before the 510 and if I knew I was going to be connecting to a laptop again to upload i would not have wasted my money .
    Anyone any thoughts on how to get the garmin 510 to upload that had a similar problem

I fixed one of these for someone recently, are you Dublin based?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOVED to correct forum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Focus66 wrote: »

Tip: I had a similar problem with my 810. delete old rides from your Garmin on a regular basis. E.g. Monthly. The more rides that are on the Garmin unit, the longer if takes to scan and upload via Bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Tip: I had a similar problem with my 810. delete old rides from your Garmin on a regular basis. E.g. Monthly. The more rides that are on the Garmin unit, the longer if takes to scan and upload via Bluetooth.

^^ This. It's good practise for any Garmin edge.

Once a month I bring my Garmin into work and zip the rides, and email them to myself for a back up. It does speed up the uploading and also stops the odd Garmin "crash". Plus if there is ever a new Strava'esque yoke, I have all my historic rides.
    The one I mentioned above that I "fixed", a fella gave it away it to someone else because it crashed the odd time. I was asked to look at it and I couldn't even update the firmware as there was "no free space available" and after I removed a sh1t load of old rides, it was like new. You don't even have to hook it up too a PC to delete them, you can do it on the unit itself.

And update the firmware too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement