Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving back to Liverpool but worried about Brexit

Options
  • 21-03-2017 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Currently myself Im Irish and my wife who is American are in the states. This isnt about visas but could end up that way due to Brexit. I went to uni in Liverpool and am fed up with America. Does anyone see any hassle for Irish People in the UK post brexit. I know we had right of movement before the EU I am wondering if it will be the case after this is all said and done.

The wife wants to go to Uni there so im kinda torn.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Getting hassle for being Irish? No.

Brexit having a negative effect on day to day living? Possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I don't think they would be able to apply restrictions on Irish passport holders post Brexit. People in NI can apply for British or Irish passports, if they put restrictions on the Irish passport holders that would undo a lot of the good work done with the Good Friday Agreement and Sinn Fein would be up in arms. Beside Ireland isn't seen as a foreign country in the UK (http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Geo6/12-13-14/41/section/2) and the CTA has been in place prior to either country joining the EU. I think Irish people are fairly safe in the UK post Brexit.

Advertisement