Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deep fryer.

Options
  • 21-03-2017 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

hi all,my fryer packed in this evening,and i need to buy another.
    any bargains going in this regard?
    i don't want an air fryer,and budget says round about the 50 quid mark.
    i'd like it to be economical to run as it'd be used often enough.
    (not asking for much am i :eek:)

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

A mini one is usually going to be more economical to run. There is a shorter heat up time due to less oil. Less heat loss as its smaller (assuming a similar build & insulation). You typically need to buy less oil if you are discarding it on a regular basis based on time.

Mini ones are usually cheaper too. But of course useless if cooking a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭glaswegian

thanks rubadub,i bought one in argos yesterday,tefal 2 and a half litre for 42e so that size should be alright.
    thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just incase others are reading I would just add that while I love my airfryer, and highly recommend them, they are definitely not a replacement for a deep fryer. The name is a misnomer, its a fast preheating, high flow fan oven, very efficient energywise too. They are also excellent for reheating deep fried food, sometimes chipper chips come out even better -some chippers do not cook long enough for my liking.

Advertisement