Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sudden resistance to moving abroad

Options
  • 21-03-2017 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I have wanted to move away for so long, and have now put plans in place to go. I have a friend to go to Oz with and she is completely focused and has a date set. (January next year)

Suddenly though I feel quite strongly that I don't want to go. I'm afraid to leave my house behind (I'm renting but I love the house and the rent is decent). I'm also afraid to leave behind my friends and boyfriend, even though I'd told myself long ago that I'd do this.

The thing is I don't want to stay behind either and regret it forever that I missed my chance.

Has anyone ever felt something similar before moving away? Should I bite the billet and do it anyway, or should I wait until the time feels right? I've no idea why I suddenly am so afraid of doing something I've been dreaming about for so long.

Comments

Advertisement