Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going on up Bray Head?

Options
  • 21-03-2017 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Large truck mounted lights moving around the top of Bray Head tonight, anyone have any idea what is going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Filming? There were signs on the road at Windgates saying "film set ->" yesterday. They filmed Penny Dreadful up there a couple of years ago and the lights were visible from Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

There is filming going on during the week all right.

Is it true as well that the cliff path is being closed for repairs? Also, I am a bit worried by a wooden barrier that has been put up on the top path near the cross. There is a warning of a bull (and indeed there may actually be a bull), but that path is a vital amenity, and it should on no account be closed to walkers.

There is filming going on during the week all right.

Is it true as well that the cliff path is being closed for repairs? Also, I am a bit worried by a wooden barrier that has been put up on the top path near the cross. There is a warning of a bull (and indeed there may actually be a bull), but that path is a vital amenity, and it should on no account be closed to walkers.

Cliff walk closed for 10-12 weeks apparently. I don't know anything about this wooden fence, but like you that would cause me some concern too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I encountered the wooden fence... nothing to worry about. Just hop over.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Cliff walk closed for 10-12 weeks apparently.

This is social media misinformation.

A councillor posted the below on facebook

Contrary to reports on social media , the Bray to Greystones Cliff Walk is not closed at present.
    Discussions are taking place between council staff and the contractor employed to carry out improvement works with a view to keeping the walk open to the public during the contract works.
    This may not be feasible at certain stages of the improvement works.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

zoobizoo wrote: »
    I encountered the wooden fence... nothing to worry about. Just hop over.

It's the bull I'd be worrying about, not the fence.

Advertisement