Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Didn't get Ucc Accommodation! what are the chances of getting it on a waiting list?

• 21-03-2017 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

should i just start looking at houses I'm going into first year thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dubguy2017

Not positive on this but Castlewhite and some of the student complexes reserve a certain amount of apartments for first years.. so call them and fill in the application for anyway. I stayed there in 1st year and it was ok.. accommodation was very basic but adequate. I did find it was a bit too close to the campus.. if you share with say 4 other students u can imagine what its like with their friends calling in between lectures to watch day time tv. By waiting list they mean that it depends if those who applied and got a room take up that room or not...

If you do get in though, u also get preference to stay on the following year. You will see the queues outside the office extending almost back to the quad round march when the application process opens. I know accommodation in Cork is very hard to come by, so no harm getting in contact with the UCC accommodation office...

021 4818 459

Advertisement