Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 week enduro training...enough?

Options
  • 21-03-2017 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Im considering dropping out of an enduro race in early april have had a chest infection for three weeks was ok fitness wise till then, is three weeks enough to get back to where i was and rest before the race.. or should i just drop out now and give someone else a shot.. its a very highly subscribed race with very limited spaces..

Any three week race plans out there....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

2 or 3 mins stages..? Be grand.. you won't win but use it as training...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Im considering dropping out of an enduro race in early april have had a chest infection for three weeks was ok fitness wise till then, is three weeks enough to get back to where i was and rest before the race.. or should i just drop out now and give someone else a shot.. its a very highly subscribed race with very limited spaces..

Any three week race plans out there....

As above, go out and enjoy yourself as with most enduro's. Use it as training and if you don't finish who cares you've had a good day out.

What race is it? Vitus #1 is 10 days away and GE#1 is 4 1/2 weeks away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Its the grassroots series in killaloe co.clare. suppose just treat it as a sunday spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Its the grassroots series in killaloe co.clare. suppose just treat it as a sunday spin.

Yep just get out there and send her on. I've struggled through a few over the years during different stages of fitness. One things helps me hugely is drinking loads of water the few days leading up and staying hydrated during it. Can be the difference between finishing and not. Probably not a huge amount of difference 3 weeks is going to make on your fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Isn't that was Irish Enduro is anyways? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Think it was the munster enduro last year, i did it last year but had zero confidence and had to dnf a few stages (its very technical) ill have to get back out to djouce this weekend try to get the mojo back.

Advertisement